Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 does this bother anybody? >

does this bother anybody?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

does this bother anybody?

Old 01-09-2007, 11:42 AM

Default RE: does this bother anybody?

Not backpeddling at all. Just saying the USP has never made headway with any of the conspiracy stuff or mismanagement theories. The members who hear the PGC explanations do get it. That's why they never buy into the other nonsense. I view that as rational and sane.

The perfect example of positive working relationships was the mentored youth hunt. I consider that legislation one of the most important and successful we worked on with our partners.

Now when someone introduces a bill banning deer scraping trees with their hooves or the black helicopter stocking of mountain lions, well, then I may label them...
Old 01-09-2007, 01:07 PM

As I said before , please repeat your comment at the next HF&G Committee meeting with the PGC.

"The rational and sane members of the Legislature "get it" and while they may pay token lip service to some of it (let's call a hearing to get to the bottom of this!), they simply leave the PGC alone."

Or are you afraid to? Your words Joe, your words.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:20 PM

I meet with Chairman Staback at 10 tomorrow morning. We'll have this discussion.

What you don't realize is that most meetings are theater. When a committee meets to move bills, I may be asked a question, pause to consider it and then answer. What so many people don't realize is that politcs and what happens in public is sometimes sadly not reality because in real life if you will, I probably planted to question someone just asked me. Great system isn't it?

There is so much that goes on behind the scenes - it's truly fascinating if you enjoy that type of thing. As we like to say - the issue is seldom the issue.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mocha Java

You can go to the DCNR website and learn about forest certification. You will see that Greenpeace is a founding member of, and sits on the board of the Forest Stewardship Council, the international certifiying body. The Chairman is Grant Rosoman, a New Zealanderwho represents Greenpeace.
http://www.fsc.org/en/about/governance/board_directors

If you still have a problem seeing the connection, I don't know what to add.

Here is a quote from our DCNR:

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/certification.aspx
Environmental groups such as the World Wildlife Fund, the National Wildlife Federation, Greenpeace and the Natural Resources Defense Council agree that forest certification encourages sound forest management and is good for forest conservation.
and from Greenpeace:

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/campaigns/forests/solutions-to-deforestation

Forest Stewardship Council
The wood products we do use should come from forests that have been managed in an ecologically and socially responsible manner. The best means for determining whether wood products come from such forests is to look for the FSC label. FSC, the Forest Stewardship Council, is an international non-profit association that issues certificates for well-managed forests.
Greenpeace is a founding member of the FSC and is active in its development at the international, national and regional levels. For more information, including resources on where to find FSC products, visit www.fscus.org.
Thank you very much java you saved me the time.
Now I'll respond to some posts,
north,forest certification was the driving force behind HR on state forest lands and these groups are involved.You guys lay way to much trust in liberals like rendell and debernlefty.We're not discussing the PGC here or the SGL's,we're talking about OUR state forest land and who's behind the scenes of their practices.
Doug,you say the anti hunting groups I talk about want deer killed.Well I'm sure greenpeace opposes that like they do any type of hunting but maybe see a broader picture here.
PAwildman...good post
Bt,if audubon isn't anti hunting then why did they stop the Michigan dove hunt?
Listen folks,there's no agenda here or conspiracy theory.These groups are involved with forest certification and I simply asked if it bothers you.Don't get so danged gone defensive when somebody questions our forestry service which is being run by a bunch of liberals.Besides God and my family hunting is my life and I'd be lost without it.Anti's aren't going to come in the front door because it won't work.They'll come in the back door with the help of the liberal left.Got that?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doug,neither of us are biologists but just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't mean they don't have a grasp on habitat.I can show you alot of places here in the southern part of the state that have underbrush so thick a fella can't even think about walking through it.Some areas are on private land with little pressure and good numbers of deer.Other places like the SGL's have the same underbrush yet very very few deer.The difference?The SGL's down here get absolutely hammered in deer season.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: germain

ORIGINAL: Mocha Java

You can go to the DCNR website and learn about forest certification. You will see that Greenpeace is a founding member of, and sits on the board of the Forest Stewardship Council, the international certifiying body. The Chairman is Grant Rosoman, a New Zealanderwho represents Greenpeace.
http://www.fsc.org/en/about/governance/board_directors

If you still have a problem seeing the connection, I don't know what to add.

Here is a quote from our DCNR:

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/certification.aspx
Environmental groups such as the World Wildlife Fund, the National Wildlife Federation, Greenpeace and the Natural Resources Defense Council agree that forest certification encourages sound forest management and is good for forest conservation.
and from Greenpeace:

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/campaigns/forests/solutions-to-deforestation

Forest Stewardship Council
The wood products we do use should come from forests that have been managed in an ecologically and socially responsible manner. The best means for determining whether wood products come from such forests is to look for the FSC label. FSC, the Forest Stewardship Council, is an international non-profit association that issues certificates for well-managed forests.
Greenpeace is a founding member of the FSC and is active in its development at the international, national and regional levels. For more information, including resources on where to find FSC products, visit www.fscus.org.
Thank you very much java you saved me the time.
Now I'll respond to some posts,
north,forest certification was the driving force behind HR on state forest lands and these groups are involved.You guys lay way to much trust in liberals like rendell and debernlefty.We're not discussing the PGC here or the SGL's,we're talking about OUR state forest land and who's behind the scenes of their practices.
Doug,you say the anti hunting groups I talk about want deer killed.Well I'm sure greenpeace opposes that like they do any type of hunting but maybe see a broader picture here.
PAwildman...good post
Bt,if audubon isn't anti hunting then why did they stop the Michigan dove hunt?
Listen folks,there's no agenda here or conspiracy theory.These groups are involved with forest certification and I simply asked if it bothers you.Don't get so danged gone defensive when somebody questions our forestry service which is being run by a bunch of liberals.Besides God and my family hunting is my life and I'd be lost without it.Anti's aren't going to come in the front door because it won't work.They'll come in the back door with the help of the liberal left.Got that?
Thanks for starting this topic germain, this is one of the back doors for these groups and I am sure there will be lots more back doors comeing our way. They will fund Wolvs and Mountain Lions next.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Idon't doubt your assessment of the areas down south where you live.I do stand behind my position that you won't show me expansive areas around here with good habitat and few deer.I also stand behind my position that the thousands and thousands of acres of extremely poor habitat in this part of the state was caused primarily by an overpopulation of deer.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rich,most hunters around here wouldn't even know what good habitat is supposed to look like because they've never seen it.I stand behind my position that the vast majority of hunters,especially those complaining about no deer,couldn't identify a beech sapling from an oak sapling.Most people see some undergrowth and automatically think it's good habitat.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: DougE

The PGC is in charge of managing all wildlife and they have the professionals out in the field that know how to do it..

Old 01-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

I also stand behind my position that the thousands and thousands of acres of extremely poor habitat in this part of the state was caused primarily by an overpopulation of deer.

Then how did the above quote happen?

The PGC was in charge of managing deer populations then also.

Quick Reply: does this bother anybody?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.