Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Wingshooting in Maryland >

Wingshooting in Maryland

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Wingshooting in Maryland

Old 12-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wingshooting in Maryland

Any of you guys do any upland bird hunting in Maryland? Crow, woodcock, dove, quail, etc... Where do you do it? I'm looking to try something new. I talk to a lot of hunters that go duck hunting and they say they can go through several boxes of shells a day. Well I've only ever been squirrel and deer hunting successfully. Not a whole lot of shooting in that. I'd like something that has more chances to shoot. Any recommendations and where to do it?

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wingshooting in Maryland

Wish i knew saxman. I too was thinking about duck and goose hunting. But everyone i know only hunts deer and squirrel. I have no idea where to go.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Western Md has lots of public land open for Woodcock and Grouse hunting. Central Md has good dove shooting but you will have to knock on doors to get permission. I don't know much about waterfowl hunting but there are lot's of guides listed in Woods and Waters magazine. Good luck.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Well my buddy and I are going to try some crow hunting at Patuxant River State Park some time this winter. If we're successful I'll let you know. I'm looking at getting a caller and decoys for Christmas.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:38 PM

Growing up on the Eastern Shore most off my life all that I did was Waterfowl hunt (duck,and goose) and filled our bag limits almost everytime. After moving to the Frederickarea in 1997 I had to pick up a different type of bird hunting, so I picked up crow hunting with a few buddied of mine. I have to tellya I envoyed it more than duck or goose hunting altogether. It is nothing to go through a box and a half in a good mourning hunt. I was doing alot of crowhunting in the Mount Aire area on public land. All you realy need is an electronic caller, hand callers,and some decoys. Throw a couple pair in the trees and put a few on the ground and let the calling start. But dont be fooled crows are the second smartest animal in the world and can easily get spooked. Make sure when hunting them that not one part of your skin is exposed and be tucked in the brush pretty good...