Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 *OFFICAL* ny deer season report >

*OFFICAL* ny deer season report

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

*OFFICAL* ny deer season report

Old 12-11-2006, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: *OFFICAL* ny deer season report

Northern Zone archery: 1 doe
Southern Zone archery: 1 buck, 9pt 18" inside, 190lbs, 4.5yrs old
NorthernZone Reg.: 0 deer, saw only 1 doe
Southern Zone Reg.: 0 deer, saw 1 small buck(let him go), and 5 doe all last wknd.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

Archery season (north and south) 0 deer seen.Regular season (south) 8 deer seen all does ,no dmp for does in my area.Muzzleloader,have to work today but rest week off to hunt.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:31 AM

tagged out
bow-7pointer
gun - 6point with.44mag superblackhawk 170lbs
muzzle - wide 4 pt.
still have 2 doe tags i prob. wont fill
Old 12-11-2006, 12:37 PM

in NY:
Bow Doe
Muzzle a little 5 point
Gun 1 8 point (yesterday.. I was regeting a fork that I let walk opening week) and 2 does

and I still have a tag left in mass for the Muzzleloader season
Old 12-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

only hunted NY a couple of times. Took a doe w/ muzzleloader yesterday in Jefferson County.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Hunted 3c most of the seasonand 3k one day.

Hunted there for one day friday before the end of rifle and filled my doe tag. Same as always, saw a few does.

3c
Hunted there opening weekend and the the restof the season. Hunt bothprivate and public land.
Saw mother/yoy pairs everyday. Saw a wounded doe someone shot in left rear leg. Would have put her down but after me or my cousing saw her on and off for three consecutive days we figured she was going to live. Saw a 4 pointer andspike thatshould be decent shootersby next year.Pushed out what we both estimated to be a very fine6-8 pointer but two hops and he was lost in the mountain laureland you could hear him running for at least 20 seconds after that. Probably chased him into someone else down the mountain. Was not a bad year nor a great year. Way toowarm, no snow, but did see some nice deer taken at the beginning of the season off public land.

[Still think those AR are junk as all they seem to do is create alot ofdisappointed hunters. Once the deer get older they allstart to turn nocturnal anyway so I don'tthink their will be any upswing in "trophies" unless people start organizing old time drives which todays stand- alone hunters don't do as they are not willing too sacrifice for the sake of the group. (can't even get my own group to organize them as theyall want to shoot and no one wants to "drive" the steep terrain) The only thing I think we can guarantee will result from the ARs is thatwe will start seeing alot of bright lights in the woods at night and findalot of headless deer wandering around the woods. Its just a recipe for poaching.]

After the first weekend the rest of the season just fizzled out. Thats my take on it. Take care all and hope you had a good season and wish you the best forthe upcoming holidays.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:24 PM

1 buck in archery - 1 buck in rifle and 1 doe -

they were few and far between this year though really had to put some work into getting these ones out of 9M - there were a lot of deer just could not figure them out this year thier patterns were all screwed up and they weren't in the same areas they normally are. Not too many hunters in the woods either and the warm temps could not have helped either
Old 12-11-2006, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: nyorange

Hunted 3c most of the seasonand 3k one day.

Hunted there for one day friday before the end of rifle and filled my doe tag. Same as always, saw a few does.

3c
Hunted there opening weekend and the the restof the season. Hunt bothprivate and public land.
Saw mother/yoy pairs everyday. Saw a wounded doe someone shot in left rear leg. Would have put her down but after me or my cousing saw her on and off for three consecutive days we figured she was going to live. Saw a 4 pointer andspike thatshould be decent shootersby next year.Pushed out what we both estimated to be a very fine6-8 pointer but two hops and he was lost in the mountain laureland you could hear him running for at least 20 seconds after that. Probably chased him into someone else down the mountain. Was not a bad year nor a great year. Way toowarm, no snow, but did see some nice deer taken at the beginning of the season off public land.

[Still think those AR are junk as all they seem to do is create alot ofdisappointed hunters. Once the deer get older they allstart to turn nocturnal anyway so I don'tthink their will be any upswing in "trophies" unless people start organizing old time drives which todays stand- alone hunters don't do as they are not willing too sacrifice for the sake of the group. (can't even get my own group to organize them as theyall want to shoot and no one wants to "drive" the steep terrain) The only thing I think we can guarantee will result from the ARs is thatwe will start seeing alot of bright lights in the woods at night and findalot of headless deer wandering around the woods. Its just a recipe for poaching.]

After the first weekend the rest of the season just fizzled out. Thats my take on it. Take care all and hope you had a good season and wish you the best forthe upcoming holidays.

where in 3C do you hunt? I live in that area
Old 12-11-2006, 06:47 PM

i got nothing. passed up one 4 pt. during bow in 7m. Saw several does but didn't have a doe permit. didn't see jack during rifle season.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt nearSamsonville on the Mountain(mombaccus) that feeds Rochester creek.We border the State Land up there.If you know the area I guess the nearest Landmark/store would be Tetta's tires/gas/food etc.

Quick Reply: *OFFICAL* ny deer season report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.