Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Is there any deer left in NY >

Is there any deer left in NY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Is there any deer left in NY

Old 12-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default Is there any deer left in NY

Another weekend another 17 hrs in stand grand total a ton o'Squirrels,a racoon and somebodies german sheperd. NO DEER I'm hunting areas that have produced for the last 15 yrs I just don't get it. On a good note those guys that I know who have scored have gotten very large mature bucks I guess sooner or later by some sort of mystic force I'll see one I'd be tickled just to see a friggin doe
Old 12-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Is there any deer left in NY

Well I can tell you that they havent migrated to Pa.............lol
Old 12-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

there there but everyones gotten a buck but me and my dad.. literally
Old 12-03-2006, 06:07 PM

I haven't seen a buck yet this season. I was talking to a guy who hunts the place I do and he said this is the worst season in 35 years.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:57 PM

same here with about 10 full days in the stand seen about only 2 deer.try to drive them out by walking cant even spoke them.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow, i thought i was the only one having bad luck, i wonder if its a scientific fact of the deer harvest being down this year in ny, anyone no?
Old 12-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't seen anything during gun (only went out on day though, been doing everything in NJ lately), but during bow, I went to Stueben County and saw three decent 6 pointers and about 7 doe, give or take.I honeslty think I have seen more deer in NY this year than last.On 3 trips in Orange County, I shot, but could not recover a6, who was with a4 when I shot him. I also saw2 does at that spot. Maybe I am just getting betterin the woods, but I think the deer numbers are rebounding because of last-year's doe permit tightening. They are definately out there.

Well, off to NJ tomorrow afternoon for some shotgun!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:40 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

068 Were are you hunting- same problem the DEC better get there ship together- this sucks. Rich
Old 12-04-2006, 11:04 AM
jf5

I see allot of Deer in NY every fall where I fish, many on or near public lands. I also know a bowhunter that hunts state park land and sees deer almost every sitting. It can't be that bad. Weather has been less than ideal for hunting, and gun pressure can put the deer on alarm. If places that produced in the past are no longer, head to a new area.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:21 PM

i drove this whole weekend with a bunch of friends and we didnt see anything but fawns. this was over in cortland county. nothin.

Quick Reply: Is there any deer left in NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.