Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 I am so psyched, Im losing sleep! >

I am so psyched, Im losing sleep!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I am so psyched, Im losing sleep!

Old 11-14-2006, 01:36 PM

Default RE: I am so psyched, Im losing sleep!

ORIGINAL: BuckAlley

nyhunter, you've obviously changed the whole subject matter of this topic somehow. I believe this forum was about feelings on the opening day of Reg. season opener. This wasn't about personal feelings of which type weapon, and hunt wounds more deer.
Your right BuckAlley, 3 more days and I just can't wait. Going to my favorite treestand over-looking a 2 acre food plot that is swarmed with deer in the am and pm. Since I know I'm not going to get much sleep that night, Iinformed my other 3 hunting buddies that will be at my camp, that I'm heading out at 3 am to ensure I don't bump any deer of the plots. I need to walk pass another food plot before I get to this one, so I'll get to itearly. Seems a little overboard, but as the heading states, "I'm so psyched, I'm losing sleep" me too!
Old 11-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: nyhunter863

Listen, odds are even you, the holiest of all sharpshooters will lose a deer. Either in gun or bow.
Now where did I call myself such a thing?? I agree with you 100% however, that If you hunt long enough, most hunters WILL have it happen them. And yes, I have had it happen while gun hunting, so please don't think I profess to be superman here. As far as bowhunting is concerned I will stick to what I said. There is MORE that could go wrong, including the animal moving before the arrow connects which results in a poor hit eventhough the bowman did everything right. A rifleman won't have this problem shooting at a stationary target. Bowhunters have to contend with angles from trees, estimating range, etc. Please don't tell me that even the best of bowman does all these calculations correctly when a good deer is in sight. A mistake on anyone of them can result in a poor shot and it happens more times than many admit.

Please also explain why you thought I was picking on you with what I stated? I must say that you seem to have a guilty conscience. I was talking about bowhunting in general, which includes what I read on this forum along with what I have witnessed personally. I made NO mention of anyone in particular, so don't think I was talking about you.
Re-read my post, I never said anything about you stating something personally regarding me. I simply "volunteered" as one of thehunters that has wounded a deer this season via archery.

You are right, you never called yourself "holiest of sharpshooters" but I seriously doubt anyone here would disagree with the premise that what I stated is exactly what you portrayed yourself as in your words.

"I've never missed with a bow, blah blah blah, riflemen never miss, maybe all of these bowhunters who make bad shots should re-evaluate themselves"...I think that's a pretty "holier than thou" type of statement by you. Like I said, it's always best to look at your own problems first before complaining about others.

And now you admit to having made a bad shot with a gun in your hand...well that's never happened to me. Maybe I should start b!tching about you and your gun-hunting skills? You say there is nothing that can go wrong with rifleman, yet while gun hunting you made a bad shot...Get my drift?

Now seriously, I'll end here. At least be considerate and get back to topic.

I've got that internal clock going in my head now for Saturday. It's not coming fast enough
Old 11-14-2006, 02:08 PM

Sorry, but I didn't change anything. The topic at hand is opening day of the gun season, isn't it? I posted my feeling about prefering to hunt with a rifle over a bow on ANY given day INCLUDING opening day, because I felt more certain of a sure kill with one. Overly sensitive bowhunters took issue with it, and I am simply replying to them! Have a nice day, anyhow!
Old 11-14-2006, 02:26 PM

You say there is nothing that can go wrong with rifleman, yet while gun hunting you made a bad shot...Get my drift?
No, I don't get your drift. Where did I say never? In my second post I did say that gun hunters DO also wound animals and that expert riflemen rarely lose an animal. Rarely does NOT mean never. But whatever, you are obviously sensitive and anything one might say will be taken as offensive. Congratulations for never wounding one with a gun also. You proved my point that generally if well trained, one is less likely to wound with a gun compared to a bow! Good hunting to you!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: nyhunter863

You say there is nothing that can go wrong with rifleman, yet while gun hunting you made a bad shot...Get my drift?
No, I don't get your drift. Where did I say never? In my second post I did say that gun hunters DO also wound animals and that expert riflemen rarely lose an animal. Rarely does NOT mean never. But whatever, you are obviously sensitive and anything one might say will be taken as offensive. Congratulations for never wounding one with a gun also. You proved my point that generally if well trained, one is less likely to wound with a gun compared to a bow! Good hunting to you!
Ugh. Amazing. Let's just agree to disagree.

Anyway...this weather prediciton for Saturday is a bummer. I typically like snow, or dry weather so I can hear movements better. This wet, drizzly, damp forecast could be better. It's still opening day though, so it'll be time to get out there soon enough.

Anyone have solid snow forecasts?
Old 11-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

A rifleman won't have this problem shooting at a stationary target.
There are tons of "stationary targets" out there during the midsts of deer drives[:-]. You want to talk about unethical shots and wounded deer? How many bowhunting deer drives do you hear about? Give me a break. Most gunhunting opportunities come with deer on the move.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love opening day - shotgun in my area - My family that doesn't bowhunt finally gets to hunt with me and the rest of us that do - I'm always so happy for those that connect on opening day - even if I don't.

For me - opening day gun is aFamilytime. Its kicking back - enjoying the hunt - the day (weekend now), I don't take the hunting as serious as I do the rest of the year - and most years - its more fun that way!

I Hear Ya Unclemeat!

FH
Old 11-14-2006, 10:21 PM

I was wondering if you have ever hunted the Tioughnioga Wildlife management area near Cazenovia???? I hunt in the northern parts of Chenango county and southern parts of Madison and I was wondering if you knew if there is a good population of deer there. any info would be a great help..thanks
Old 11-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-15-2006, 04:37 PM

I love opening day of Vermont rifle season. I like the scouting, the, planning, picking the perfect places to set up,and reading the sign. I hunt in an area where no one in their right mind would go. An area so vast and wild that if you don't shoot your animal by 10:00am you can pretty much forget about getting it back to the vehicle before night. What an absolute wilderness adventure. I'd ask if anyone hunts there, but I never see anyone else there. Thats what I love most about hunting !
( Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained ) Happy Hunting !

Quick Reply: I am so psyched, Im losing sleep!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.