HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Official Rut Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/162211-official-rut-thread.html)

Saxman1819 11-02-2006 12:53 PM

RE: Official Rut Thread

I am probably going to be up late on Friday. I wonder if I'll see any action if I sleep in and go out a little later after sunrise? Maybe I'll just suck it up and get 3 hours of sleep and go anyway normal time.:D

Decisions decisions...

HammytheHunter 11-02-2006 01:42 PM

Good luck whatever you decide come Saturday Sax! I think that I am going to hunt from like 10A until dusk on Saturday. If I feel extra crazy, I might get out in the woods before first light and stay out all day. I bought me a Summit Viper SS a few weeks back and I could stay in that climber all day.:D Let us know how today turned out in MD if you went out Dave.

As for me, I hunt either the Edgewood area (near where I grew up) and Pylesville. I'm going up to Pylesville right now to do some quick scouting and see if there is any new sign around my spot. Hoping that I see something worthwhile! I think I'll be hunting up Pylesville come Saturday because there is an old grey buck that some others have spotted and I'm hoping that his juices start flowing this weekend while I'm in the tree. :D

ABarOfSoap 11-02-2006 03:36 PM

i think were going to see alot of deer this weekend, the temp/wind looks perfect for the NE

mdbowhunter104 11-02-2006 05:00 PM

up here in mont county i seen two lil bucks fightin second week ml.an my cuz that same day seen a spike nugin does.but down the shore i havent seen no sign as of yet.ill let u no wat i se this weekend.ill be goin fri throw sun.i think u can hunt priv land dis sunday

Lefty26 11-02-2006 08:26 PM

I hunted tonight and saw 4 bucks and was able to take a big 7pt. None of the bucks showed much indication of being in the rut. They all just wandered in feeding, the big one I shot did grunt twice when he saw a doe behind me and was making his was over to her when he ran into a Lefty's Carbon Express. I will post some pics tomorrow.

HammytheHunter 11-02-2006 10:33 PM

Feeling the chill in the air has me amped for an all day hunt Saturday.:D AHHHHHHHHHHH I can't wait.

maddawg0517 11-03-2006 09:33 AM

well with the first day of cool weather i noticed no rut activity. plenty of deer moving tho, i seen about 12-13 this morning. missed a doe at 10yards because of a tree branch i couldnt see in my peep sight GRRRR...and ruined my arrow to boot.

Saxman1819 11-04-2006 03:30 PM

I didn't see squat today. I was in stand from 10am to 4pm. Nothing was moving except squirrels. No rut yet I don't think.[:@][&:]

Anyone else go out today?

HammytheHunter 11-04-2006 04:38 PM

I saw a total of 20+ deer between about 1145 and 515. The first deer I saw within 15 minutes of getting settled was a nice 8 that I passed up because we have an agreement to shoot does first on this property. Needless to say, no doe presented me with a worthy shot. [:@]

I tell you what though, the seek and chase part of the rut is DEFINITELY in! I can't count how many does I saw getting pushed by anything from a spike to a 6 pointer. After 5, all you heard and saw were the bucks pushing the does all over the place. With what I saw tonight, the pre-rut is definitely in where I am hunting and I imagine that this week and the next two should be great weeks to be out. Might have to call out of work one of these days. ;)

maddawg0517 11-04-2006 04:47 PM

hunted baltimore county again today...ZERO sign of the rut starting. had a small half rack (what would have been an 8pt) come by me at 60yds, then about half hour later 3 little ones came in and bedded down next to me. no bucks really pushing does tho. kinda disappointing.