HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Official Rut Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/162211-official-rut-thread.html)

DeerWhisperer 10-31-2006 05:59 AM

RE: Official Rut Thread

You know it's getting close when you start seeing all the dead deer along the highway.

andesman 10-31-2006 06:43 AM

I hunt in MD and Pa. Its been pretty dead in MD as far as I can tell, which is good thatmeans no trickle rut there this year. It should be super hot after the full moon as long it stays cool. In Pa on 10/30 I saw a nice 2.5 meanandering thru the area but did not even smell the does that were all around me. In the PM I did see a young buck pushing a doe at 3:30 pm.

DougMD 10-31-2006 07:27 AM

andesman,

Some parts of Maryland have had pretty good activity going back about a week. But it is great to hear that for many it hasn't gotten underway much yet. I am ready to take some vacation and stick one like you wouldn't believe!!!

bowtech1988 10-31-2006 01:49 PM

went out last night and saw a huge 130 " class running a doe all over the field for about 45 mins

DaveH 11-01-2006 12:45 PM

I think it's started - the pre-rut that is. The last 3 days have seen temps in the 70's and today is no different. It's 70 right now as I write this![:@] Dang MD weather. Hopefully we'll get some real action once the cooler weather hits - of course it's supposed to be gusting winds the entire time it's here.[:@]

HammytheHunter 11-01-2006 10:28 PM

Heard that we should be back down in the 30s for overnight lows within the next day or two.:D I think that tonight is the last relatively warm night (59) and then things should get back to normal. Should make for a NICE and CRISP all day hunt saturday.

Good luck to anyone heading out tomorrow... if I get out of work early enough, I might head up to the spot I hunt up Northern Harford County to test my luck.

Where are you hunting in Harford Dave?

stretchhunts 11-02-2006 05:36 AM

SAT , SUN and Monday best days. Be in the woods this weekend. Full moon.

DaveH 11-02-2006 09:00 AM

Hammy, I'm splitting my time hunting mostly in Forest Hill and Baldwin. I'm off for 3 weeks which began this past Saturday. Of course, the weather has sucked and I've had a bad cold the entire time. I'm planning on going out in the wind this afternoon and see what effect the cooler temps are having. The next few days should be great!

Where are you headed -- Darlington/ Norrisville?

maddawg0517 11-02-2006 09:19 AM

man im itching to go. trying to get work done today so i can take tomorrow off. gonna hunt saturday for sure...and thinking about sunday too. weather is looking GREAT.

BTW i hunt in northern baltimore county and we have seen and killed many nice bucks over the last 5-6 years. hoping this rut produces another wall hanger for me. i want to get a good buck with my bow!

jamiebuck 11-02-2006 10:46 AM

heading out to around 1.30 going to try some james river valley out , and some miss doe pee let you no whats going on trying a new spot today , very light pressure during bow but shotgun look out ;)