Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 ny hunters, did you do better than me? >

ny hunters, did you do better than me?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ny hunters, did you do better than me?

Old 10-22-2006, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ny hunters, did you do better than me?

well my first weekend with out seeing a single deer , i hunted all day sat and sun, did anyone else notice the deer activiy lessen down?, is the no moon to blame?

ive found about 40 scrapes and 30 rubs within a mile of each other, but its obviously being done at night... i hunt 3h

howd u guys do?
Old 10-22-2006, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ny hunters, did you do better than me?

I saw 2-3 Deer and they must have been half a mile to a mile away in a field that I can see from my stand. That's all the luck I had.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:07 PM

on wensday i seen 4 diffrent deer and 1 of them twice.

went out on sat morning and seen 3 of them same 4 deer
Old 10-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

I just came back from a 2 day NY hunt (4Z). I saw nothing.I usually don't see any deer till Nov comes around. I hunt public land. 2x I had hunters walk by my stand but I don't think it would have mattered.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:58 PM

I've been on vacation since the Black Powder opener and have hunted hard every day up here in the Adirondacks,except Friday(nasty rain) and haven't seen a deer in a week! Yesterday, we did push a 6 or 8 pointer out of a drive, but the watcher just couldn't get a shot. Wealso pushed a bear out of the same drive.AlthoughI'm accustomedto going stretches at a time without seeing deer up here, this year I'm a bit surprised considering how unusually open the woods arethis early in theseason.It's still early yetas things usually don't heat up around here until the first week in November. When I'llbegina nice 3 week vacation!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

Deer sightings picking up in western ny last 3 evenings out 12 doe 2 bucks first night, 2 doe 2nd night , the dreaded miss at 7pton 3rd night a little to anxious on that last shot had my young son w/ me on the ground and were fairly exposed . You have to make excuses right isn't that the rules good luck all, and hope the action picks up foreveryone!
Old 10-24-2006, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

I have seen only one small doe thus far and that was on sunday morning-I hunt in 6R. I have started to see scrapes and other sign. I also got some bucks on the trail cameras. Last year started slow for us but picked up as time goes on. I have vacation from 11/10-11/14 and im hoping things heat up by then.

MIKE
Old 10-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Ended up doing some still hunting tonight. Spooked one on the way in. Spooked another b/c of wind direction while I was sitting in a spot. Walked through the woods quite a ways and ended up at a field opening and saw my first buck of the season and of my hunting career. Ended up being a spike with two other deer that I couldn't distinguish b/c of the light factor. Maybe the other two were bucks too, but I couldn't tell. Let the spike go b/c it's still kinda early and I'm hoping to see something a little bigger to shoot. Saw another doe and thats it. Pretty exciting for me.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

I saw a bucnh of deer today, my first day out in NY. Came very close to one, but couldn't get a shot bowhunting from the ground. Found a great new hunting spot though, I'll be back friday.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Spike

I saw 5 doe and 1 shooter buck sat morning. Never gave me a shot, so i took one of the doe. Sat night i saw 6 different bucks and one doe. The bucks were sparring with each other andone even made a scrape underneath my treestand. One buck was chasing a doe. 2 out of the six were shooters but they never came out of the thick stuff. Other than sat, the season has been pretty slow