Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Additional NYS DMP's >

Additional NYS DMP's

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Additional NYS DMP's

Old 10-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default Additional NYS DMP's

[align=center]
DEC TO ISSUE ADDITIONAL
DEER MANAGEMENT PERMITS

Hunters Previously Denied May Receive DMP Through Lottery Process
[/align] New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Commissioner Denise M. Sheehan today announced that approximately 12,700 Deer Management Permits (DMPs) will be issued to hunters who were previously denied permits earlier this year during the DMP Instant Lottery.

"New York's sportsmen and sportswomen represent the foundation of the State's deer management programs and goals," Commissioner Sheehan said. "Hunters have enjoyed a proud legacy in New York State and we look forward to continuing that success this year. Issuing these permits enhances our ability to properly manage the deer population here in New York."

Deer Management Permits, which allow hunters to harvest antlerless deer, are issued for specific Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) to control deer populations. In order to provide DMPs as an instant lottery at point-of-sale locations, DEC must anticipate the number of applicants in each WMU and assign a probability to each unit so that the appropriate number of DMPs are issued. In several WMUs, DEC received fewer DMP applications by the October 1 deadline than projected and so, despite some applicants being denied, not enough DMPs were issued in these units.

To issue the remaining DMPs, DEC randomly selected among applicants who were previously denied DMPs in these affected WMUs during the instant lottery. DEC has completed the random selection and has begun to mail permits. About 35 percent of the hunters previously denied first permits in these units will receive a DMP through this process. Applicants from the following WMUs will be eligible to receive DMPs through the lottery process: 3C, 3H, 3K, 4A, 4F, 4G, 4N, 6K, 6R, 7S, 8P, 8T, 8W, 9F, 9K, 9P, 9T, 9W, and 9X.

Hunters not selected for a DMP will not receive a mailing from DEC. Due to the time required to process these permits, DEC and license agents will not be able to respond to individual inquiries about permits. Hunters are urged to wait for their permits to arrive by mail. Selection for one of the leftover permits will not affect any preference points issued to hunters who were not selected for their first choice area during the original application period.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Additional NYS DMP's

I am hoping to get one for 3K. It is the main area I hunt. We'll see, I've never gotten a left over before.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Additional NYS DMP's

i didnt get one the first time around, and there arent any second ones for my area either []