Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NYS leftover DMP's >

NYS leftover DMP's

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NYS leftover DMP's

Old 10-28-2006, 02:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default NYS leftover DMP's

I am wondering has anyone heard if DEC will be giving out leftover DMP's for 3S (Westchester county) on november 1st. I know they did it last year as I recieved one for westchester and one for 1C (Suffolk county).I looked at their website butnothing was listed yet.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NYS leftover DMP's

sorry buddy, i know how you feel, i didnt get one and they dont have 2nd round ones in 6G either
[align=center]
DEC TO ISSUE ADDITIONAL
DEER MANAGEMENT PERMITS

Hunters Previously Denied May Receive DMP Through Lottery Process
[/align] New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Commissioner Denise M. Sheehan today announced that approximately 12,700 Deer Management Permits (DMPs) will be issued to hunters who were previously denied permits earlier this year during the DMP Instant Lottery.

"New York's sportsmen and sportswomen represent the foundation of the State's deer management programs and goals," Commissioner Sheehan said. "Hunters have enjoyed a proud legacy in New York State and we look forward to continuing that success this year. Issuing these permits enhances our ability to properly manage the deer population here in New York."

Deer Management Permits, which allow hunters to harvest antlerless deer, are issued for specific Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) to control deer populations. In order to provide DMPs as an instant lottery at point-of-sale locations, DEC must anticipate the number of applicants in each WMU and assign a probability to each unit so that the appropriate number of DMPs are issued. In several WMUs, DEC received fewer DMP applications by the October 1 deadline than projected and so, despite some applicants being denied, not enough DMPs were issued in these units.

To issue the remaining DMPs, DEC randomly selected among applicants who were previously denied DMPs in these affected WMUs during the instant lottery. DEC has completed the random selection and has begun to mail permits. About 35 percent of the hunters previously denied first permits in these units will receive a DMP through this process. Applicants from the following WMUs will be eligible to receive DMPs through the lottery process: 3C, 3H, 3K, 4A, 4F, 4G, 4N, 6K, 6R, 7S, 8P, 8T, 8W, 9F, 9K, 9P, 9T, 9W, and 9X.

Hunters not selected for a DMP will not receive a mailing from DEC. Due to the time required to process these permits, DEC and license agents will not be able to respond to individual inquiries about permits. Hunters are urged to wait for their permits to arrive by mail. Selection for one of the leftover permits will not affect any preference points issued to hunters who were not selected for their first choice area during the original application period.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

This is not what I meant. last year they issued additional permits that you had to pick up at the outlets that issued DMP's on Novemeber first. The section that is quoted is something that is entirley different. i guess i will go down to the town hall on November first to see if they are issuing DMP's for these 2 specific areas.(3S,1C).
Old 10-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

no, i am 99% sure this is the same thing. but they are mailing them out instead of making you pick them up. These are the left over DMPs because they over-estimated the number of people buying licenses and had left over DMPs.

How is this not the same thing?
Old 10-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

tj is right. the leftover DMPs will be mailed. no need to go to the licensing outlet. I was planning on doing the same thing and it does lead you to believe that is what you can do, but they simple randomly pick those who were denied originally and mail the a DMP (only in areas where DMPs were under allocated).
Old 10-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Last year there were 4 archery only units that were given out on november 1st at the local town halls. This year its appears that only 2 units (westchester county and suffolk) are to be given out.. For the random lottery selection , it says for hunters that were previously denied for certain units and these are the units that are mailed out. If it is like last year than the same thing will occur for these 2 specific units this year 1S and 3C. I will call DEC on Tuesday to find out if they will be giving out the permits on nov 1st for westchester and suffolk county.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Spike

I gota second chance DMP in the mail today for 9p. That was a nice unexpected present
Old 10-30-2006, 07:22 PM

not the same thing . . .the DMPs they're mailing out were only if you got denied a DMP in a specific WMU and there was a surplus. . . for the archery only units like 1C and 3S everyone that applied got a DMP right off the bat, no one got deniedand therefore you wouldn't get aDMP in the mail . . . check back on the DEC website in a week or two to see if they post any info on bonus permits and check the linkbelow for check-in stations to get additional DMPs

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/wildlife/guide/bonusdmp.html
Old 10-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-31-2006, 12:32 AM

i also got a tag today for 9f and would u know i went out tonight and shot me a doe lol .

Quick Reply: NYS leftover DMP's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.