Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Deer tracks

Old 10-12-2006, 08:04 PM

Default Deer tracks

I seen the largest deer tracks that I have ever seen in my life...The hoof from one side to the other was 4 inches And from the front tobackof those 2 round indentations that bucks usually leave behind the hoof wasA bit longer than a bill....These tracks was huge.... At first I thought they was elk tracks,I checked on the web for elk tracks and these are diffently deer tracks...I haven't seen any rubs in the area where I had my children hunting squirrels though were these tracks was...Anyone ever seen tracks this large from a deer???They wasn't in the mud to boot...
Old 10-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Deer tracks

Whitetails.com Deer Tracks in snow or anything
Old 10-12-2006, 08:30 PM

Thanks Rebel Hog.. That must be a mature 3 1/2 yr olddeer then...Maybe this AR program here in Pa. has something to do with these large tracks I seen.... I would like to see him in real and get a good look at his body size and rack...I don't hunt deer there on the first week of season,But spend lots of time with squirrels down there...I will have to take the camera with me sat when I get to get there early with the kids....Maybe I can get a look at him then or maybe find some rubs a bit further out from where we hunt at.....
Old 10-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

I saw a set recently in NJ that looked very similiar to what you are describing. I have been watching these tracks for a few weeks now.I think I have this deer's daily route patterned, so hopefully next week we cross paths. I have my fingers crossed, wish me luck!