Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Fall SGL & Deer Mgmt Tour >

Fall SGL & Deer Mgmt Tour

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Fall SGL & Deer Mgmt Tour

Old 09-06-2006, 05:58 AM

Default Fall SGL & Deer Mgmt Tour

For those of you that may be interested, R.S.B. will be hosting a tour again this fall. It will give you better insight into the deer-habitat equation, you'll learn something new,you'll get to enjoy a nice fall day in Elk county with other interested hunters, and you'll even get fed too.

ChuckS

"The fall game lands and deer management tour for SGL # 44 in Elk County has been set for Sunday, October 1, 2006.

The tour will start from the Game Commission maintenance buildings located at Carmen off of Route 949 at 1:00 pm and conclude following an evening meal that starts about 5:00 pm. This tour will highlight the history of the deer/habitat relationships and how each affects the other. There will be several small deer exclosures visited throughout the tour. There will be some non strenuous walking over uneven ground so wear appropriate attire.

To get to the starting location take Route 949 south out of Ridgway and travel about 8.5 miles to Game Commission Road (on the left) just before the twin bridges over the railroad and Toby Creek. This is about one mile north of Portland Mills. Go back Game Commission road about .5 miles to the buildings."

Old 09-06-2006, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fall SGL & Deer Mgmt Tour

I always wanted to go on one of those tours....but they never have any close enough for me. RSB seems like a really informative guys...I betcha his tour will be an excellent one.

ChuckS.....what part of Erie Co. PA are you in? I live between I-90 and Wattsburg...just off route 8.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:58 AM

Default RE: Fall SGL & Deer Mgmt Tour

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

I always wanted to go on one of those tours....but they never have any close enough for me. RSB seems like a really informative guys...I betcha his tour will be an excellent one.
I was able to go to his tour last October...it opened my eyes. I haven't decided whether I will make it this year...it's the day after the opening day of archery.

ChuckS.....what part of Erie Co. PA are you in? I live between I-90 and Wattsburg...just off route 8.
West county...about 3-4 miles west of Albion.