Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 SSI no. for liscense purchases >

SSI no. for liscense purchases

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

SSI no. for liscense purchases

Old 08-10-2006, 03:35 PM

Default SSI no. for liscense purchases

Heres a rant I want to get on...What the hell does SSI being needed for purchaces of hunting and fishing lisense??? They don't even check these do they??? Millions of tags sold and they are wasiteing sportmens dollars to check for something that is not in their departments.. I don't think they even check them....At least where I buy my tags at they don't..Is the PGC getting reimburst for checking these out for these other agencies non related to hunting???I thought the PGC was not affiliated with other agencies or matters except for when it comes to hunting??? Dead beat fathers should be handled by domestic as for any other agency...This should not be the part of the PGC job...Does this show us that this is a government controled agency anymore???? I need to say more but got to get....I am sure many others have asay so on this also...
Old 08-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SSI no. for liscense purchases

I think you are getting a little rediculous. I'm sure this whole "asking for social security #" thing is some big conspiracy dreamt up by the PGC. Good grief. Most ask for your social security or driver's license (which may link as well to your SS#) when issuing hunting licenses. Why not. There may be specific violators that there looking for (for instance: some people may claim residency in two states for hunting (which is not normally acceptable)).Identifying each license holder may help curb this problem--Dead beat fathers is another good example (as you pointed out). There may be other applications and purposes behind this but I can assure you that this is not something new to many license holder (especially if you buy your license online). Not everything gives cause to start a new thread to rant about somePennsylvania game management issue---sheesh
Old 08-10-2006, 03:53 PM

smokem needs to spend some time and educate himself before posting.
Requiring SS#'s is Federal Law, not State or PGC. PGC is just following the Feds. Until the law is changed their hands are tied. They just collect & store them. If requested they can check for a particular SS#.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I dont think we should have to give it. Infact alot of Amish dont have any numbers and they get a license. Just dress up like a Amish person. My new huntin state I dont need a license so I am OK
Old 08-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looking for dead beat moms' and dads'. If you are behind on the child support or other responsibility the state can revoke your hunting privilege.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:15 AM

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

smokem needs to spend some time and educate himself before posting.
Requiring SS#'s is Federal Law, not State or PGC. PGC is just following the Feds. Until the law is changed their hands are tied. They just collect & store them. If requested they can check for a particular SS#.
Yes,I know this is a federal law...But are not SSI allready on their records??? Why should this have to be done again??? They allready got our numbers..Sounds kinda like alot of BS to repeat this to them again...I would give an extra 5$ to fight this BS...

The PGC needs to stand out from this...The PGC needs to show respect for the constitution... I m part of the NRA and this and that and this... But are the high elected part of the people??? Would they lower themselves to stand for the sportsman,hunter,civillian???

Stand for the people of this heritage and way of life...You wouldn't and couldn't lose... This is not part of the federal,what ever the F?K you call them.. They wouldn't do this to the PGC..
Old 08-11-2006, 05:40 AM

Every other state & federal agency has your SS#. What's one more?
You're crying just for the sake of crying.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whats the big deal? Everything requires your ss# anymore. I think there are bigger issues to worry about then a social security #. Man this is why I dont visit the northeast forum much. So much bickering over the most unusual stuff. JMHO
Old 08-11-2006, 08:04 AM

ORIGINAL: bullmoose38
Whats the big deal? Everything requires your ss# anymore. I think there are bigger issues to worry about then a social security #.
The big deal? Check the numbers...I did last year:
About $14billionfor 14 years ofsupport payment in arrears
yet identity theft is a $4-5 billiona year problem
Which is worse?

I take protecting my personal info seriously. I know get my hunting license on-line. This is a federal law that needs to be changed.

Man this is why I dont visit the northeast forum much. So much bickering over the most unusual stuff. JMHO
Where do you spend your time then?

ChuckS
Old 08-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

[

Man this is why I dont visit the northeast forum much. So much bickering over the most unusual stuff. JMHO
Where do you spend your time then?

ChuckS
[/quote]

Well I spend most of my time in just about any other hunting net forum. I get on these to learn some things and to help others. Almost all the other ones everyone talks about hunting. Not here everything here is the PGC should do this.... PGC didnt do that..... PGC spent money on this.... PGC says this..... PGC is hiding mountain lions..... PGC doesnt want to work.... PGC wants license increase.... PGC PGC PGC PGC. What I am saying is you dont have to like the PGC or agree with them. But at the same time check out some other regional forums. Not everyones bashing there CO's. Im sure they dont like the things there CO's do but they dont beat it into the ground. Thats just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: SSI no. for liscense purchases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.