Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Remember PA Guys...... >

Remember PA Guys......

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Remember PA Guys......

Old 08-07-2006, 08:27 AM

Default RE: Remember PA Guys......

"RSB" since your being so open and frank, why don't you tell us who paid for the Penn State deer study?

Who are the contributors to Rus Schleiden's "Foundation"?

And while we're being honest and open, when Don Madl was shooting 150 deer a year on various farms in PA while holding the Executive Director position, did you ever question that? Did you ever hear about PGC personnel doing work on his camp? Was anyone ever diciplined?
Old 08-07-2006, 09:26 AM

I'm tired of arguing about this. Let's kill all the deer like they want, then hunt in another state and screw the PGC. It will be tuff to sell licenses when there are no deer to shoot. I'm applying for my DMAP tags today. Kill Kill Kill, we need to save the environment from the evil deer before they eat everything, and PA slowly turns into a desert.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

The game commission didn't have the funding to do these studies on their own.The Audubon andthe Heinz association both funded those studiesI believe.Should the PGC have turned that money away.What does Don Madl have to do with anything that's happening now?Maybe the USP should havenamed him in their lawsuit.If he really did kill 150 deer and I don'tknow whether he did or didn't,he really cut into the USP's kill.I remember reading about that in Pa Sportsman.What was the outcome?

chr103yod,In order to argue,you have to have a point about something.I fail to see any argument that you have.Do you really believe that too many deer in the past didn't damage the habitat?
Old 08-07-2006, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: DougE

No one saidwe had 1.6 million deer last so your calculations make no sense.

Mocha,How would any other method of calculation be any more accurate than the present one?Do you really think states like Ohio have any idea how many deer are shot and and never tagged?

I'm sorry you didn't get your deer last year John.I hope youhave better luck this year.

1.6million deer... Figure this out???How many liscense was sold last year...How many deer was their??? 1.6 million...Liscense sold divided by deer...It's not hard to figure out what is going on here..Liscense sold each year estimate that half the tags sold = does harvested...Fawns born..Follow this pattern for 5 years.. See what you have...

I was just useing that no. someone mentioned...Use 1 million and do the math as I mentioned before....It makes perfect sense... Does getting over harvested...This is easy to figure out...

Old 08-07-2006, 12:00 PM

Thank You "DougF" for the explanation, but I'd rather hear it from "RSB", not that I don't trust you. You obviously have very good internal agency connections.

"What does Don Madl have to do with anything"
It has to do with Law Enforcement and the probability that Madl was not prosecuted for breaking the law. Strange how no one employed by the agency was aware of Madl's offenses.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just amazes me how spiteful some of the folks on here are, that they will overharvest does on purpose. Why would one want to degrade their future hunting in the name of proving a pointor out of hatred for someone else of an opposing viewpoint? If you think the GC is using us dumb hunters to decimate the herd, why do you line up with such zeal to do so? Do you think that when the deer are all gone you will get an apology? Look at the big picture people!
I didn't realize there were so many children on this forum. I certainly hope that those with this train of thought do not hunt where I do.
"I'm going to kill every doe I can"
Does this sound like the words of a sportsman?
Old 08-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live just off of Fort Indiantown Gap. The deer on the base are plentiful, and there are some good deer in the surrounding areas, but most is private. Our land borders the SGL, and I wouldn't waste my energy walking up there...you can sit for a week and not see a deer. I am lucky enough to have a farm in WV, so I don't go out there anyway. A lot of these studys are done in areas that you can not hunt. I saw the figures for deer in Lebanon county, and the reason they were what they were was because the study was done on the National Cemetery land...land which you can not hunt. Numbers are deceiving at times.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:30 PM

"Livbucks", yes I wrote that out of frustration mostly from what I've read of guys killing several doe each year. I have aquaintences (I won't call them friends nor sportsmen) whoeach year kill several doe and then ask around as to who would like a hind quarter as they have no room in their freezer.

I put in for a Antlerless tag for 3B, but should I recieve one I don't intend to fill it. I haven't for the last several years. You see I hunt game lands, and the Game Lands are less than bountiful. My 2 sons also put in for antlerless tags. Only the youngest will seek to fill his tag.

What's needed are allocations that differentiate between public and private lands. That would open up more hunting possibilities for hunters and a much better chance to harvest an animal as opposed to one individual harvesting several does that will probably end up as dog food.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree...the system is broke, but blasting away out of spite is no solution and anyone who does such a thing is no sportsman. Some guys say " I might as well before they are all gone". That is the most rediculous statement to come fom a hunters mouth. What drives you to hunt? What are your objectives? If greed and machismo are your motives then find a new hobby. Does one like to hunt or just argue over deer management? The GC can dictate all they want but when I am out in the woods, I am all alone in the world and I decide when to pull the trigger. If I think there are too few deer in an area, I just wouldn't feel right about taking that lone doe walking through. Maybe I'm goofy or just outdated. The GC will just have to put up with independant thinkers like me till my number is up, cause I aint a changin'. A kill you can't feel good about is worthless. Why do it then? Go play golf.....
Old 08-07-2006, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I remember reading about Madl's alleged offeces a long time ago.I'm not saying he was innocent or guilty because i never saw any of the evidence.I thought this was looked into by the AG and most of it was dropped.I honestly don't know what the total outcome was.You wouldn't have a link would you.If the allegations were true,I agree that it was about as bad as it gets.

Quick Reply: Remember PA Guys......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.