Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any bucks in WV

Old 07-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any bucks in WV

We hunt in Rowelsburg and Briery Mt. Deer numbers are strong again.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:47 PM

ORIGINAL: BuckDownWV

Hey guys im new here just wanted to see if anybody has been seeing any decent bucks in WV. I've been seening some nice ones in Grafton, onceI figure out how to post the pictures I have on my trail cam I'll post them
Are You from Grafton?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, I'm down in Boone County and so far this summer I've seen 3 bucks on the farm I hunt. I haven't gotten to do a lot of scouting, but just being down there doing other things I've seen 3. A spike, a 4 pt, and a real nice 6 that might end up an 8. Plenty of really healthy does and a few fawns as well.
So my Boone Co. herd is lookin pretty good so far!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen a few bucks while driving the central part of the state and I saw one really nice buck on rt. 35 just outside on Winfield.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:22 PM

I live in Kanawha County but mostly hunt in Putnam. I have also seen several nice bucks this year even though I didn't expect to. i don't know about the rest of you but I am sick of the DNR letting everyone kill as many deer as they want as long as they are willing to buy a tag. Everything is about money here and that is why i have bought an Ohio liscence for the last 8 years. I hunt over there 2 to 3 days a week since they can hunt Sundays. The hunting is immenently better and the chances of seeing big deer well outnumber those in WVA.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:37 PM

I live near Marion / Mon county line and have seen a few bucks in my yard. I also hunt and recently returned from Pocahontas co. there were a few more and better bucks down there. I also hunt in Preston co. I have not ventured that way to do any scouting.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:15 PM

I can't wait till the end of october when everybody says where did all of thos ebucks go that I was seeing before the season started.

It seems to be that way every year. They are there all year but then they disappear. I don't know about you guys but I am sick of being able to kill as many bucks as you want as long as you are willing to pay 9 dollars for a tag. This state will pimp out anything for money and that is why I am keeping my Ohio License for another year. At least you can only kill 1 buck per year and they have time to grow a bit.

GO EERS!
Old 08-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ash2042

I live near Marion / Mon county line and have seen a few bucks in my yard. I also hunt and recently returned from Pocahontas co. there were a few more and better bucks down there. I also hunt in Preston co. I have not ventured that way to do any scouting.
What Part?Coopers' RocK area?...My ex-inlaws were from preston co....Tunnelton/Kingwood area....
as for Poca co... lotsa area around Marlinton/Minnehaha Springs!! they lowered the doeharvest for that county,BTW....
Old 08-04-2006, 05:32 AM

Hello WV guy's! I'm from DE but have been coming to your great state for the gun opener every year for the past 8 years. My Uncle owns a house in Harrison county. He was born and raised in Lost Creek but is 83 and is now a Fla snow bird. We meet at the house with cousins and friends every year for a leave the wives at home guy's only trip.

I've taken several bucks over the years but most have been basket size racks. In all the years I've seen only two giants. One from the truck and the other was a miss. The fever got me on that one. I'll be in town (God willing) in Nov.!
Old 08-04-2006, 01:21 PM

I have seen some posts on my forum of some nice bucks and have also heard others talking about seeing some nice bucks.

I have yet to get my camera in the woods since I have been in a remodeling project of my hunting camper. But I hope to set the camera up this weekend.

I sure hope to see more deer this year than last...I HOPE!

Quick Reply: Any bucks in WV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.