Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA. >

DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

Old 07-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

Stock migratory species??????
yes, pa3 ,they stocked these eagles we now have.i have no problem with it only when someone says that pgc does not trade birds or bring animals into pa. they do and i have evidence in a few articles out of other states and countrys they do.this eagle program went on for 7 years back in 1984.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does it say in the article that they traded turkeys for eagles?I never said the PGC hasn't stocked or reintroduced species.They did it with otters,fishers,elk,and pheasants.Just give us one piece of credible evidence that they traded anything for coyotes and/or mountain lions.You can't because they didn't.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

doug, stick with deer thing, i like you more on that.who knows what lurks out there that we dont know.take care.sproul
Old 07-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Spike

I hunted Rothrock state forest for the past 5 years and have seen a dramatic decrease in the numbers. I went up this past Saturday night spotting and drove back Kepler Rd. for 7 miles and do you know how many deer we saw ZERO.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 4u2njoy

I hunted Rothrock state forest for the past 5 years and have seen a dramatic decrease in the numbers. I went up this past Saturday night spotting and drove back Kepler Rd. for 7 miles and do you know how many deer we saw ZERO.
well, they used to say the deer are WAYBACK. that was buzzword.pennstate even said we dont hunt WAYBACK and deer are there.some WCO even said they go WAYBACK and see deer.then the aerial study came out and DID NOT show any deer WAYBACK.uh oh, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.we have to come up with another LIE to tell hunters.everything is changing now.pgc is turning into a bird and bug group now.i see people in woods now, lots of them that when they see our guns,they are scared to death. they are going to outnumber hunters soon with the new program.PA WILDS.once the TOURISTS that most dont hunt are in control, bye bye to hunting.i see in future, walking and hunting areas designated.dont think for 1 minute they want you or me out in woods, walking OFF a designated trails.they would like to start WILD AREAS TOO.no hunting, roads closed.the ONLY reason that roads are open now is because DCNR wants the deer killed off.once that is done, roads will slowly be closed in areas and only walking path for bug and bird lovers.dont laugh.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:47 AM

Man, someone interpret that for me... my eyes hurt.

once?
Old 07-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

doug, back in 70 head of sportsmen club here told me that the pgc DID trap out our big turkeys here in clinton/potter county.where they sent them, i cannot say,only it was done and not made public.now, do you think he was fibbing?
Old 07-12-2006, 10:02 AM

I wonder if any of our Commissioners hunt WAY BACK on PUBLIC Land?
Old 07-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sproulman,the trap and transfer program was a big thing when I was a kid.They trapped turkeys and relocated them to other parts of the state to re-establish turkey populations in areas where they didn't have much of a turkey population.Now turkeys are flourishing all accross the state and hunters can enjoy excellent turkey hunting where at one time,it was noting but a pipedream.Thank you NWTF and PGC for your oustanding conservation efforts.

Thehuntermovement study that was done simply showed that huntyers rarely ventured more than 1/3 of a mile from the road in some of the most rugged areas of Pa.i agree it was a somewhat biased study,considering where it was done.Few sane people would walk back several steep long ravines only to have to drag a doe out.The doe study that they're doing in that same area is showing low numbers of deer and a low hunter success rate in those remote areas.The results are inconclusive but they do point to the fact that since the hunters are hunting those remote areas and there's still few deer,other factors are controlling the population there.

I've nevr run ito a hiker,bug collector or bird watcher on any of our state lands while Iwas hunting.The PGC is in charge of managing all of our wildlife not just the deer.It's important to manage a healthy ecosystem in various stages so all wildlife benefits.Unfortuantely,too many deer in the big woods area of the state compromised that habitat and now we have to live with fewer deer in those areas.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never ran into a bird watcher either up on the bigwoods state land.Bug collectors though?I wish I would run into a few.They could have all the skeeters swarming around my headnet in turkey season.

Quick Reply: DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.