HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:41 AM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DCNR SAYS 126 DEER PER MILE IN CLEARFIELD,PA.

ORIGINAL: 4u2njoy

I hunted Rothrock state forest for the past 5 years and have seen a dramatic decrease in the numbers. I went up this past Saturday night spotting and drove back Kepler Rd. for 7 miles and do you know how many deer we saw ZERO.
well, they used to say the deer are WAYBACK. that was buzzword.pennstate even said we dont hunt WAYBACK and deer are there.some WCO even said they go WAYBACK and see deer.then the aerial study came out and DID NOT show any deer WAYBACK.uh oh, duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.we have to come up with another LIE to tell hunters.everything is changing now.pgc is turning into a bird and bug group now.i see people in woods now, lots of them that when they see our guns,they are scared to death. they are going to outnumber hunters soon with the new program.PA WILDS.once the TOURISTS that most dont hunt are in control, bye bye to hunting.i see in future, walking and hunting areas designated.dont think for 1 minute they want you or me out in woods, walking OFF a designated trails.they would like to start WILD AREAS TOO.no hunting, roads closed.the ONLY reason that roads are open now is because DCNR wants the deer killed off.once that is done, roads will slowly be closed in areas and only walking path for bug and bird lovers.dont laugh.