Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Looking for a regesterd score person >

Looking for a regesterd score person

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Looking for a regesterd score person

Old 06-17-2006, 07:01 AM
Spike

Default Looking for a regesterd score person

i have a bear skull i would like to have scored for boon and crocket is there a person in my area oswego ny that can do this for me
Old 06-18-2006, 04:01 AM

Default RE: Looking for a regesterd score person

Log on to SCI's website http://www.scifirstforhunters.org/and click on Trophy Records at the top toolbar. From the drop down menu, click on "Locate a SCI Measurer." The page that comes up will ask you for your zip code. When you enter it you will get a list of measurers in driving distance. Most SCI master measurers can also measure for Boone and Crockett.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking for a regesterd score person

wild irishman, here is the contact info you need to find a scorer in your area.

Contact the Records Department by phone 406/542-1888, ext 204 or email [email protected].

You can get a pretty close estimate of what it'll score yourself as well, it's actually really easy to score a bear. Measure from the tip of the nose to the back of the skull to get one measurement. Then measure accross the skull at the widest point to get the next measurement then add the two together and there's your score. Just remember you only need the top of the skull. Also remember that you don't take a tape and measure along the curve of the skull but just the distance. I usually slide mine against a wall and use a carpenters square against the other end of the skull. Then remove the skull and measure the distance from the square to the wall. The biggest I took was 20 11/16 here in Pa. Good luck, I hope yours hits 21".