Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

[Deleted]

Old 10-30-2002, 10:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-30-2002, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UBNJ needs help to change EAB

I JUST EMAILED YOU.....EXPALIN ON HERE WHAT YOU MEAN AS FAR AS "BANK A DOE, AND THE TYPE OF "QDM" YOUR PROPOSING

LESTS DO THIS, AND GET THINGS GOING FOR THE BETTER OF NJ DEER, AND HUNTERS.

Old 10-30-2002, 11:35 AM

Yeah, some clarification is needed before any decisions are made.
The state's idea of QDM may be very different from mine. I don't know exactly what the bank-a-doe is. Change is definitely needed, though.
Will the council push for changes to the 6 day firearm season? Seems to be a waste of time and energy if they aren't. I'm sure the Sportsmen's Federation is all for saving bucks for firearms season, will they be doing their part, or is it yet agin 100% on the bowhunters?

"In heaven, even the fish have antlers"
Old 10-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

IT DOESNT TAKE BRAIN SURGERY ON THIS TOPIC. WE MUST GO BACK TO THE WAY THINGS WERE HERE IN NJ, PLUS I WOULD ADD THE FOLLOWING:

1)1st DEER EITHER SEX IN EACH SEASON, IF 1st DEER IS A BUCK BUTTON INCLUDED, THEN 2nd DEER MUST HAVE AT LEAST 3 OR 4 POINTS ON ONESIDE
DATES: LAST SATURDAY IN SEPTEMBER TILL LAST FRIDAY IN OCTOBER
2 DEER ONLY TOTAL

2)PERMIT SEASON SAME AS ABOVE, BUT ONE PERMIT PER HUNTER, PER ZONE, MAIL LOTTERY SYSTEM
DATES: LAST SATURDAY IN OCTOBER TILL 2nd OR 3rd SATURADY IN NOVEMBER
2 DEER TOTAL ONLY

3)6 DAY SHOTGUN SEASON 1 BUCK WITH 3" ANTLER ON ONESIDE, 2ND BUCK MUST BE 3 OR 4 POINTS ON ONESIDE, OR YOU CAN HAVE 1st & 2nd BUCK 3 OR 4 POINTERS ON ONESIDE
DATES: SAME AS PRESENT
2 DEER TOTAL ONLY

4)MUZZLELOADER SEASON SAME AS BOW SEASON
LAST MONDAY IN NOVEMBER ENDING FIRST SATURDAY IN DECEMBER
2 DEER TOTAL ONLY

5)PERMIT SHOTGUN ANTLERLESS ONLY....THIS WHEN MOST ANTLERLESS DEER ARE TAKEN 2 ANTLERSS DEER ONLY
DATES: THIRD MONDAY IN DECEMBER TILL DECEMBER 24th.. LENGTH OF SEASON FOR DIFFERENT ZONES
2 DEER TOTAL ONLY

6)WINTER BOW SAME AS REGULAR BOW SEASON...DATES JANUARY 1st THRU 31st
2 DEER TOTAL ONLY

NO MORE DEER HUNTING BEFORE LAST SATURDAY IN SEPTEMBER, NO MORE DEER HUNTING AFTER JANUARY 31st, NO SHOTGUN SEASON IN JANUARY OR THEREAFTER, PERMITS SOLD THRU LOTTERY SYSTEM ONLY, UNLESS THERE ARE LEFTOVERS THEN SOLD AT FISH & GAME OFFICES WITHIN OR NEAR THOSE ZONES, STOP DEER YOUTH HUNTS, ANY HUNTER BREAK ANY GAME LAW GETS FINED, AND ALSO LOST OF LICENSE FROM 1 YEAR TO LIFETIME DEPENDING ON CRIME, NO MORE HIRING OF SO CALLED PROFESSIONAL SNIPERS TO CULL HERD, ALLOW BOWHUNTERS INTO THESE AREAS.

IF YOU CAN ADD YOUR INPUT TO THIS GUYS, OR MODIFY IT, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT ANY IDEA IS A GREAT IDEA. I THINK THIS IS A GREAT STARTING POINT WITH THIS MOCK SEASON. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
Old 10-30-2002, 08:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-31-2002, 09:34 AM

i for one would like to see the total number of bucks lowerd top say 3 bucks a year you choose the weapon .i would love a qdm of say 4 points on one side ,3 points doesnt do much as a lot of the good genetics would be lost with the little basket 6 points ,it is a good thing to have the youth day and i dont want to have to mail in a lottery system ,only in zones that dont have unlimited does ,make it male female not antlerless ,it will make guys take a bettter look at there prey and would intern make it a little safer as that extra second or two could prevent a tragedy if you need to make sure of a deer before the shot .i dont like the big clubs and there drives but they have been doing it for years and i have a hard time taking it away from them ,no i dont belong to a club that does this .i for one would like to see the archery seasons be archery not combination ,once the guns start banging archery is really tough ,.i also would like to see a permit of say 20$ to bait and put the money to food for the hungry and have it used to pay for the processing if it is not used use it to pay overtime to f&g to catch the poachers ,they are the disgrace out there ,i dont mind when another hunter bags a monster as long as it is taken legally ,yes i get jeolous but who doesnt ,my areas have lost many a big buck to scumbags at night or with a gun during archery .

Old 10-31-2002, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Earn a buck needs to change but QDM statewide "WILL NEVER HAPPEN" nobody has a bigger voice than the Federation of Sporstsmans Clubs in the politics of NJs hunting. And we all know how many clubs there are in NJ. Maybe if it did'nt include 6 day firearm it would pass. Just remember that it's the bulk of NJs clubs with the federation and the UBNJ that do the most good for NJs hunting. Wether you agree or not thats the way it is!

Old 10-31-2002, 07:31 PM

NJ,

I'm sorry, but I guess I just dont get it. Bank a doe sounds exactly like the earn a buck program. Whats the difference? Does your program support antler restrictions? I'm all for a change back to a less liberal harvest, but i need details. Thanks!

Any day spent huntin, is better than any day spent workin,,

Duckmastor2
Old 10-31-2002, 08:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-02-2002, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

bowhuntercop, why stop the youth hunt?

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.