Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What the DCNR wants >

What the DCNR wants

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What the DCNR wants

Old 04-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What the DCNR wants

Rifle season from Oct-Jan.Some thought the DCNR would back off some or even cut demaps where the numbers were reduced below 15 DPSM.I guess that answers that question.I'm glad I have other land to hunt on.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:17 AM

Default RE: What the DCNR wants

Can't wait to here why this is good!!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

They (DCNR) want the hunters to kill off ALL the deer (which they (hunters) are blindly glad to do) so that the forest can mature and the trillium can grow pretty and the birdwatchers from NYC and Boston can come and spend a few relaxing naturalistic days here without worrying about being shot by some slob, drunk, hick hunter (NOT my thoughts) or hearing those terrible gun shots and being witness to that horrible killing going on. They figure we (hunters)will contribute to our own demise. Or maybe I got the whole thing wrong, who knows. I can read between the lines of that Ben Moyer guy and the propaganda crap he writes. I think he is a mole for the enemy.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:42 AM

Couldn't agree more Livbucks, But we're just conspiricy theorists!!!

I'm going to have fun with this and keep guessing what the folks that think this is a good Idea are going to say!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:20 PM

Jim Grace DCNR comments to Commissioners
Within DMAP areas, we believe the Commission should be doing everything possible to make it easier for hunters to get and use DMAP permits on both public and private lands. The idea is to give hunters the most effective tools in those areas where landowners are experiencing the greatest problems. We also know the rifle season is the most effective tool for reducing the deer herd. In many areas the length of the rifle season is too short for DMAP to be effective. Last year, for example, with over 900,000 acres enrolled in DMAP, the total harvest amounted to less than 2,500 deer, an average of about 1.75 per square mile. We still have some large areas in parts of the state where we’ve been unable to give away many of the coupons, like the Delaware State Forest in the Poconos and the Tiadaghton State Forest in the northcentral big woods. We would like to use DMAP until our harvest goal is achieved. We have been collecting habitat and deer density data in these areas. To achieve the desired response in habitat, we need to give hunters more opportunity to meet harvest goals. This means giving us the flexibility to use DMAP permits to take deer with rifles outside the regular firearms season, either before or after or both. For much of the local economies around the big woods areas, there would be economic benefits to allowing the use of DMAP permits right up to the end of March. Also, we recognize that hunters are seeing fewer deer in some of these areas. Our data confirm that deer are not evenly distributed across the landscape. Hunters may need more time and opportunity to find the pockets where deer are concentrating than the current season structure allows.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunters may need more time and opportunity to find the pockets where deer are concentrating than the current season structure allows.
Read: "Hunters may need more time to kill each and every last whitetail remaining in this state"
Old 04-18-2006, 02:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I dont care what the DCNR wants.they are not important as far as i am concerned. They are as dangerous as the moslems that hit the towers.Evil greedy anti hunter crackerheads
Old 04-18-2006, 02:56 PM

Break down your article, 1.75 deer per square mile on for about 900,000 acres of dmap. Why is that??? They state they want to keep going untill they reach their harvest goals, what is that?? From this article, its pretty obvious!! No good, they can stick it!!!

Call me greety,I could careless that crap is outta control!!
Old 04-18-2006, 03:24 PM

4sox, that is why they are saying they want more time, longer seasons, for hunters. With the current seasons they are only getting the 1.75 deer per square mile harvested in DMAP. A way to increase that is with longer, much longer seasons.

Get it?
Old 04-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on T,they're only getting 1.75 deer because numbers have been reduced so much.Let's take a look at some of the possibilities.
Bear season-we all read the reports from the bear hunters claiming to see few deer and in alot of cases only one or two.So if they are now allowed toshoot these few deer they see,guess what?On a good note it would be good for the PGC because if people could hunt deer and bear together they would sell a boatload of bear licenses.Along with massive overharvests of the few deer that remain.
A fellow would be crazy to try archery hunting on state forest land with these new rifle seasons.
Matter of fact a person would be crazy to hunt deer period on dcnr lands in a few years.I really do feel sorry for those stuck hunting on state forest lands because their true blue colors have shown they want all the deer dead.A three month rifle season in PA would damn near do it.
I'm very thankful that I'm not stuck hunting on these anti run lands.

Quick Reply: What the DCNR wants

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.