Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 What the DCNR wants >

What the DCNR wants

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What the DCNR wants

Old 04-20-2006, 04:21 PM

Default RE: What the DCNR wants

I agree doug, but Like I said I just don't want those in charge of DCNR to keep their noses in things, they're backgrounds speak for themselves.

By the way, good luck in turkey, I'll be in Clearfield myself!!
Old 04-20-2006, 08:31 PM

All I can say is we better support the PGC because the other options aren't very good.
Many people on many boards tried telling you habitat gurus that swallowed the hook that things would eventually come to the point where the PGC would be in financial chaos. But you's wouldn't listen. Instead, we were labeled as greedy, lazy and incompetant. And now suddenly, the same group is asked to bail the PGC out.

I and many others have no sympathy whatsoever. You folks made your bed, now lay in it. If the PGC folded tomorrow, and the DCNR takes over the reigns, serves you right. I'll laugh all the way to Ohio and New York where the hunting begins.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Spike

Have we ever thought that some of those seeking deer ain't all that good at hunting.?? Like I said before, was all over the state on both public and private... Deer all over...

This BS about killin all the deer, please... I hear alot of so-called farmers on here saying we need more deer etc.. WTF?? If you ran your farm the same way as you are calling for the deer herd, you would get arrested for cruelty to animals... They starve when you over run poor property.. If there are not as many deer, that may indicate the land will not support them..Or you are not seeing them due to a reduction in the herd and less deer in one area means you need to look harder...

I hear others saying I ain't got time to research.. Hope your investments are thought out better.. I have been sickened by this type of discussion all my life here in PA... Crying, whining etc... Typical.. It is always the same ones.... you know who you are... try this one.. do a little research, take a look in most of the magazines which focus on DEER HUNTING and learn that PA is a laughing stock in deer management...

We have the genetics and food to support fantastic hunting but must constantly deal with this idiotic talk... For a long time I tried to make reason with some of you and now, don't care.. Your opinions are not substantiated with any fact just wind...

T in PA3 you are trying but brother, your wastin your time trying to educate...
Old 04-21-2006, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

HCK,The PGC would be in financial chaos with or without a large deer herd.The entire country is losing hunters through attrition.Regardless of how many hunters buy a lisence,any business would be struggling if they were forced to charge the same price for nine years without getting an increase.

I'm not asking guys like you to bail the PGC out.Go hunt Ohio and and New yorkand pay their out of state fees.I hunt Ohio and I don't see any more deerthere than I do back home in 2G.Then again,I'm not crying about the poor hunting in 2G.There's less deer but the hunting is as good now as it ever was.It takes a little more effort but that's what hunting is all about.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:27 AM

you know who you are... try this one.. do a little research, take a look in most of the magazines which focus on DEER HUNTING and learn that PA is a laughing stock in deer management...
Yes. You are exactly right. For the last 5 years, Pa deer managers have been the laughing stock of the nation. Considering that they have unsuccessfully tried to manage a deer herd while not having a working population model, it's not any wonder. I bet they didn't point that out to you in that last issue of Buckmasters did they?
Old 04-21-2006, 08:37 AM

Is it any wonder that the Pennsylvania Game Commission is the laughing stock of the nation? Consider that the previous Executive Director was a friend of the previous governor and a supermarket manager by profession.

Consider that the current Executive Director is a retired (30 Years) army full bird colonel who hunted as a teenager and whohas only just recentlybegun again to hunt, probably because of the new job, which may well also be a political favor.

Consider that the PGC Director of Wildlife Management does not hunt.

Consider that Dr. Gary (Kill the Deer) Alt had no oversight and answered to no one, not even the Director of Wildlife Management.

Would anyone call this good corporate management policy when you consider that the PGC has an operating budget of about $70 Million Dollars?
Old 04-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

your post is funny cuernos.You complain of whiners yet your post is whining about the whiners.

Actually Doug the good news is nationwide the hunting licenses sold last year increased alittle.Pa bucked that trend and saw a decrease.
I really hate to say this here but some of yinz in here never set foot in the big woods hunting deer.It's not hard to tell.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:48 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: cuernos1

Like I said before, was all over the state on both public and private... Deer all over... {quote]

THREE DEER IN ONE AREA CAN MAKE ALOT OF SIGN, DON'T BE FOOLED!!!!!
Old 04-21-2006, 06:44 PM

I really hate to say this here but some of yinz in here never set foot in the big woods hunting deer.It's not hard to tell.
Actually,when you follow the number of posts on the various boards by some of these folks that claim they scout every weekend, they hunt all the time, they know the bigwoods, yada yada yada, you begin to see see the picture more clearly. Clones. PGC clones.

I don't doubt that most of them are on the PGC payroll.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:00 PM

Don't leave out DCNR payroll either!!!

Quick Reply: What the DCNR wants

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.