Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission >

Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission

Old 04-02-2006, 09:39 PM

Default RE: Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission

Old 04-03-2006, 06:40 AM

From what I understand rabbits are stressed pretty easily and the majority would not survive a trap/transfer.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Again, making law abiding hunters and sportsmen case their weapons are not going to deter poachers from taking their guns out, shooting and putting them back into their cases...again the only thing this law would do is punish those that don't poach...again, more laws are never the answer.

I'm all for you making proposals, more power to you if they work. Your asking for opinions and then don't like the answers....I'm against new laws resticting my rights like casing my gun/bow or weapon of choice and making spotlighting illegal, a past time I enjoy.

Old 04-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let me ask you this.

Do you feel that law abiding citizens, that own assault rifles, ( semi-auto )are having their rights taken away because they can't hunt with them?

For someone that doesn't want any restrictions on guns, you don't mind having laws that restrict the use of assault rifles.

Many law abiding guys own them. Why do you favor restrictions on them? Do you feel assault rifle owners are being punished?

Just wondering.

By the way, the trap and transfer of rabbits does work. I know a guy that has been doing it for 15 years. His property has lots of rabbits. That's where I got the idea.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

the risk of getting caught with a weapon not in a case isnt going to deter people who are already risking getting caught illegally shooting an animal.
This would do nothing to stop them, they could still keep it in a case when driving and take it out to shoot. They arent going to worry about breaking the cased weapon law while shooting a deer out the window of their truck.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I should explain where I'm coming from.

From 1985 until 2002, I hunted in West Virginia. There, all weapons must be cased. Also there is No spotting.

The hunting there is unbelieveable. We lost our place to hunt in 2003 when a tractor rolled over and killed the property owner. The farm was sold.

I just look at how good the hunting was there and compared it to my home state. I tried to figure out what was different from the two states.
I know that around here there is alot of poaching going on and you always see game wardens riding around. Yet the poaching goes on right under their nose.

In WV you never see a game warden except at check stations. I'm sure people still poach butyou never see roadhunters.

In WV it was nothing for our group to tag out early in the day on the first day. Back in PA, we never all tag out the same day.

I guess the bottom line is....I wish PA was a little more like WV. And by the way, you can hunt deer with semi-auto rifles.

The racks aren't trophy sized in WV butthe venison tastes great.

Here's a few picture of my good ole days in WV.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 04-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 04-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 04-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

Let me ask you this.

Do you feel that law abiding citizens, that own assault rifles, ( semi-auto )are having their rights taken away because they can't hunt with them?

For someone that doesn't want any restrictions on guns, you don't mind having laws that restrict the use of assault rifles.

Many law abiding guys own them. Why do you favor restrictions on them? Do you feel assault rifle owners are being punished?

Just wondering.

As far back as I can remember "assault" rifles have not been legal in PA and we're talking about creating new laws....not removing old laws..and personally yes, I'm against "assault rifles" in hunting. The last thing I want is to be in the woods somewhere when a guy is unloading a hundred rounds of ammo at a running coyote...the only thing that would do is create more laws about camo, orange, safety zones, calibers, etc..etc..etc...

I'm against creating new laws that restrict us more than we already are as per your proposal....again, you asked for opinions, I assume even if they differ from your own. If you don't want diversity, don't ask for opinions.

I admire you for trying, but I'm not for more restrictions. I know it's redundant but more laws are not the answer. Education is.

But if this continues down the path it's going it might be better off in Politics/Hunting.

Quick Reply: Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.