HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission
Old 04-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Windwalker's proposals to the Pennsylvania Game Commission

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

Let me ask you this.

Do you feel that law abiding citizens, that own assault rifles, ( semi-auto )are having their rights taken away because they can't hunt with them?

For someone that doesn't want any restrictions on guns, you don't mind having laws that restrict the use of assault rifles.

Many law abiding guys own them. Why do you favor restrictions on them? Do you feel assault rifle owners are being punished?

Just wondering.

As far back as I can remember "assault" rifles have not been legal in PA and we're talking about creating new laws....not removing old laws..and personally yes, I'm against "assault rifles" in hunting. The last thing I want is to be in the woods somewhere when a guy is unloading a hundred rounds of ammo at a running coyote...the only thing that would do is create more laws about camo, orange, safety zones, calibers, etc..etc..etc...

I'm against creating new laws that restrict us more than we already are as per your proposal....again, you asked for opinions, I assume even if they differ from your own. If you don't want diversity, don't ask for opinions.

I admire you for trying, but I'm not for more restrictions. I know it's redundant but more laws are not the answer. Education is.

But if this continues down the path it's going it might be better off in Politics/Hunting.