Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 strange sightings youve seen >

strange sightings youve seen

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

strange sightings youve seen

Old 04-01-2006, 07:24 PM

Default RE: strange sightings youve seen

I've seen a woodchuck climb a tree.

I've seen a red fox climb a tree chasing a squirrel (though the tree was at an angle, but he got pretty high up).

I've seen a flock of 30 turkeys try to fly over the New York State thruway. They barely cleared my car, and about 10 of them got hit by the tractor trailor behind me.

Had a muskrat climb over my feet while trout fishing.

KEJ
Old 04-02-2006, 03:33 AM
Typical Buck

we too had one of the amish' mules loose about 5 yrs ago. 1st time i saw it i thought thats a wtf moment fer sure! 2nd time i actually thought about shootin it. (but i didnt) then it was just gone? never heard no more about it,,,i will never know how that clumsy SOB made it up and over the rocks on that mountain but he sure did
Old 04-05-2006, 06:41 PM

In my deer stand several years ago I was watching 2 does and a fawn feed, then all of a sudden I hear something behind me, it was a red fox jumping a chimp munk. Well, the deer heard the rucusfrom the fox pouncing on Alvin and they madea beelineover to investigate! The best part is that the deer actually ran him off! I couldn't believe what I just witnessed...
Old 04-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pops423

I once saw a turtle, but he was moving to fast to get a shot.
haha, i laughed at that. probably more than i should have
Old 04-07-2006, 06:38 AM

This just happened about a week ago. I am trainning two new coon dog pups (6 mnths old) I showed them a live coon for the first time and here I am trying to get them to bark at the coon and get them all excited about it. Well my daughter let out the house dog which is a Pekineesse/Beagle mix and it here's me so it comes up and starts just flipping out on this coon which is bigger than he is. then the two pups start bayign at the coon and doing what they're supposed to do.

I was like - this is great I have two coon dogs that don't know what to do with a coon but I have a little mutt that will tree one first time out. I'm just hopping these dogs catch on or I'll have my house dog out at night with me.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Typical Buck

Almost killed 4 jakes today in my truck. They were just on the opposite downside ofa hill, and as I crested, I had to lock the brakes to miss them.

Curiously, they dont spook at all. They're just chill as can be. So, me being the homer simpson, I lose sight of one of them, and decide to get out of the truck. I'll be damned if I didn't whack the one out of my sight with the truck door!

It was one of the "What the He!!" moments.