Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 No one Hunts coyote in NH????? >

No one Hunts coyote in NH?????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

No one Hunts coyote in NH?????

Old 01-04-2006, 10:19 AM

Default RE: No one Hunts coyote in NH?????

thanks for the link Rick James, Uncle Buck, I cant believe you used to use 45 records for calling!! thats funny! I will take a look at the foxpro's.
MA JAY: I am hunting southern also, but have been having the toughest time, They are just not budging for me!!!! I guess I will try an all nighter to see what is moving when I should be sleeping... You say you have had some success in NH, you must be lucky or know something that I don't. OK guys thanks for all the good info..
Old 01-04-2006, 03:48 PM

I've been getting better with the more experience I've been picking up.

The big thing for me is "spots". Finding productive areas you can hunt, that are close together that allow you to string together a "hunt" helps a lot. Also, take care setting up. Making to much noise setting up will bust you.. and if you can find a partner and have them set up at least 50 yards downwind, you'll do better. They love to circle down wind and you'll be amazed at how many you actually call in but they wind you long before you ever saw them.

Water... I have had my best coyote success near waterways for some reason. I've even shot 2 on the ice itself as they used frozen streams/rivers to come in.

I seem to average 6 "sets" per success if that helps. You may go on a good or poor run every once in awhile, but it seems to average out to 1 per 6 for me at least.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:58 PM

MA JAY: 1 success for every 6 aint to bad but I am like 0 for 8 at this point!! I gotta a couple more tips today that I will try and I will also try going closer to water, there are alot of swamps were i hunt so I'll try to get closer and watch those. thanks for the info. P.S. what are you shooting them with?????
Old 01-04-2006, 04:14 PM

browning..pm sent

Old 01-04-2006, 05:43 PM

Liked the link Rick James. It is interesting that some of you have found these coyotes near water also. I was out Monday and they were a lot of coyote sign near a lake. I have never called them, but always thought you just used a call to imitate a injured rabbit. There are calls to howl also?I got to could get into this.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:37 PM

VT: oh ya there are calls to make all kinds of noises, howls pup distress, female mating call, challange howl locate howl, help I've fallen and I can't get up howl<---ok I made that one up. But go to www.primos.com and look at the randy anderson collections. I have a couple of them and If you have any sort of lungs then your good to go!!! good luck
Old 01-05-2006, 07:16 AM

.204, I hunt with a 22 mag and Trusty Rusty (mossberg 500) using #4 buck down here in southern NH. I use a Rem 700 .223 out in the Jaffrey area and north of Manchester.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:32 AM

MAJAY: thats cool, as you can probably tell I have a new .204 and would like to use it more, I actualy live in manchester and do some or maybe most of my hunting In Derry - londonderry - chester area. Having a hard time at the yotes in these areas! and I am originaly from just outside of boston. good luck
Old 01-05-2006, 08:09 AM

In my opinion you are heading in the wrong direction for the best coyote action. While I have had some success in the Chester area, I find either heading towards Northwood or out 89 towards Hillsboro I get more room and more coyotes. I'm down off of 13 just south of Milford, and while we have a lot of coyotes around here I have greater success in the areas I mentioned.

Good luck with the .204, it looks like a great gun on paper.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:18 AM

MAJAY: well I recently bought a explorer from hillsboro ford and the sales man was saying that everyone in the dealership hunts and the area had alot of good spots. The only problem with doing that is that I just don't wanna aimlessly get out of the truck and go into the woods, I dont wanna make anyone mad if i stumble on private land or something. I guess if its not posted then its ok but still. some of those back woods guys get pretty pissed if someones on their Turf!! But I do wanna try some bigger areas.

I know a guy who owns a big farm in chester, you might now it, it is called spring pond farm its on 102 on the right if your coming from derry. I am gonna stop by to ask his permission. I'll let you know what he says. I hunted deer there before.

Quick Reply: No one Hunts coyote in NH?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.