Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 No one Hunts coyote in NH????? >

No one Hunts coyote in NH?????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

No one Hunts coyote in NH?????

Old 01-03-2006, 10:33 AM

Default No one Hunts coyote in NH?????

Am I the only one that is doing this????
Old 01-03-2006, 02:56 PM

Default RE: No one Hunts coyote in NH?????

I've shot some in VT, but usually only while I'm hunting soemthing else. I now live in NH and was in the woods this weekend and came upon a bunch of deer furwith coyote tracks all around in one of my favorite spots. So I am declaring war!

How do you hunt them? I'm not interested in going out at night, but would like to try and calll some in.

Let me know.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:28 PM

VT: my first reply didn't take so lets try again. I go out during daylight and call yotes, I have a primos ki-yi, lil dog and a crow call. I drop some bait (table scraps) to get them all fired up for an area and pretty much cross my fingers. I am fairly new to the sport so I am still learning. I use a .17hmr for now until the scope mounts come in for my .204. I also have access to 2 big peices of property in VT. to hunt on. Even If I dont shoot anything, I still like to be out. I do hunt at night but only if I have the next day off. Have you hunted yotes before???
Old 01-03-2006, 06:45 PM

I rarely go out specifically for yotes, but have shot at least ten while out deer hunting. Several around Lowell (we have a camp there) and even one with my bow in Georgia, VT. Pretty proud of that one, made a nice shot.

I like to get out in the woods andthis would give a good excuse to spend more time out this time of year. I see electronic calls are legal in NH, ever used one?
Old 01-03-2006, 07:42 PM

VT: no I have never used a E-caller, I have read alot about them and it seems that the effective ones are big bucks!! so I have not stepped up to one of those. I really wanted to master mouth calls first. But exactly what you said, It gives me an exuse to be out in the woods this time of year and I am really looking foward to some Nice weather spring hunts also. I have been kinda interested in a motorized decoy but I am having a hard time deciding on one..
Old 01-04-2006, 06:22 AM

Hey guys..

I used to hunt foxes up in the Lebanon area but moved and hadn't had the opportunity to go out for many years. Bought the new Foxpro just before Thanksgiving and have been having a ball with it. Called a really nice coyote up near Warren just after Thanksgiving. He was staring hard at the decoy as I proceeded to miss...go figure huh?

Haven't been out recently though but plan on getting out a bunch starting the end of this month..

UB
Old 01-04-2006, 07:05 AM

unclebuck: you missed?? whats the deal?? Oh well, better luck next time! so you really like the E-caller? I am still trying to master the mouth calls Before I step up and drop the frog skins on an E-caller. I have to make it up north to do some yote hunting, I have been after them down here and been having a heck of a time. Any good spots that is public In your area? Warren, thats off 89 right? I used to go to a lake (private) that was in Warren I think.. Blaisdell lake...
Old 01-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out www.predatormastersforums.com

Lots of predator hunters in New Hampshire over there. Lots of good advice as well.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:34 AM

I had an older caller that had 50ft of speakeer cord, was a B&*$% to carry and set up and was generally a pain to use. It was however better than the original caller I used back in the late 70's with a friend in PA that ran 45 records (wonder how many kids even know what those are today..lol)

The new caller I got is the foxpro fx-3 and I couldn't say enough good about it. From the customer support and the quality of the equipment it really makes things so much easier than it used to be. i combined it with the JIB decoy and it is a really nice set up. We have had a ball with it since I got it between crow hunting, fox hunting and the coyote that jumped the bullet..hehe.

Have a friend who hunted with me in Nov with the new caller and he liked it so much he bought one...and shot a nice bobcat with it down south the second time he was out with it. I'm taking mine to Texas next week for a couple days to see how it works without the snow and cold..hehe...

UB
Old 01-04-2006, 09:38 AM

I hunt NH, southern mostly. Have only been out once this season with no luck on 3 sets.

I plan on getting out more now that the holidays are over. I've done ok in NH, with some coyote and fox success. All on hand calls. Howling later in January has resulted in many of my best coyote hunts.

Quick Reply: No one Hunts coyote in NH?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.