Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA (photo Added) >

Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA (photo Added)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA (photo Added)

Old 01-03-2006, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA (photo Added)

Do you even hunt? I don't see you posting anything hunting related.I don't see you helping out youngsters, giving advice, telling hunting stories or anything. All you do is insultpeople. Maybe you should spend a little more time in the woods. You might even have your own mountain lion encounter.
Wow, you've taken the time to read over1000 of my posts? I'm honored, but maybe you should spend more time in the woods.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know that coyotes and mountain lions weren't released by the PGC or insurance Companies. They don't have tattoos or ear tags. You are right, these stories are silly. But, I do believe there are MLs here in Pa. I don't know how they got here or if they are escaped pets. They are here. I related the story of an old girlfriend of mine on here. I believe her story on what she saw. It would be like if your wife or daughter told you they saw a ML at 20 ft away. After you asked dozens of questions show pictures and all, you would be convinced. The thing that stuck out in my old girlfriends mind was its size and its long tail.

Some things you just have to keep an open mind about.

Some people don't believe in God and demand proof. I'm sure you are a religious man and can relate to this example.

Some people just don't believe. You can't convince them.

I guess we have to just agree to disagree, not laugh and ridicule someone for their beliefs.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some people don't believe in God and demand proof. I'm sure you are a religious man and can relate to this example.

Some people just don't believe. You can't convince them.
There's an old saying Windwalker7. "In God we trust, all others pay cash". This means to me that we accept the existence of God by faith but for everything else a wise man expects proof. The claim is "Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA". ALL the reliable sources say there is NO EVIDENCE to support that claim. What should a wise man think and expect from those making the claim? You tell me.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I never heard that saying. Does that mean I have to believe you?

Does that saying go for Catholics only? Or Methodists? Maybe Baptists?

I'm sure that Muslims have some sayings of their own. So do the Jewish. I know the Buddist have a few.

All religions believe different.

Its all in what we want to believe.

Being a man of God, you sure don't mind throwing around the insults. Did you learn that in church? Do you feel like you did God's work, insulting people? Is he proud of you?

Someone thinks there are MLs in Pa and you go on a mission to insult and ridicule them.

Aren't Christians supposed to follow the golden rule? WWJD?

Isn't a church-going-man , like yourself supposed to set an example for nonchristians?

You are worried about the image of hunters, when someone starts these unfounded rumers about MLs. What about the image of Christians when you come on here insulting people?

It would be nice if you would just debate and not degrade people for their beliefs.

Have a nice day!
Old 01-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

penn state said we dont know how to hunt anymore.they said, lots of deer but wayback.they said we dont go in woods anymore,very far. do we believe them, no.why, because we are hunters and know that there are not deer in great numbers anymore in wmu 2g . same with mountain lions or cougars, they say they are not here. well, hunters are not believing them again. hunters that have seen them are people who have been in woods for years. i am one. now as for not finding one shot. well, duh, they are protected. as for car not hitting one, i cant answer that. only reason for that is , they may be low in numbers and may not be along the high speed highways,i dont know. most sighting i here are near real wilderness areas, like crossforks, pottersdale wild life area. i know if i did not believe it , i most likely would not believe someone on here ,as i dont know them. trust me, you can be sure what i saw was a lion. only thing i cant understand is why the ORANGISH TINT to this animal. if you look at a lion, it does not look orangish tint, do you think? that uncle produced picture, nothing to gain from it, nothing but being ridiculed by some on here. its sad that even with picture, some dont believe. even PGC will not believe they are here. they told me so when i called the office to have a warden meet me to take prints. they said, GROUND TO HARD, but they said i identified a lion to the go-tee on his face and long tail,little head, running like a orangish monkey.they never laughed when i said that monkey comment,oh well. trust me and about 10 i know that we saw a lion. take care all,sproulman
Old 01-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are worried about the image of hunters, when someone starts these unfounded rumers about MLs. What about the image of Christians when you come on here insulting people?
What can I say but that I accept your admonition.

Sorry, I never heard that saying. Does that mean I have to believe you?
With regard to the saying, I don't believe it is a religious saying at all. I'm suprised you have never heard it. I've heard it for years. Like I said, with regard to this thread it means that God is the only thing we should believe in without proof. Whether or not there is a population of ML's in PA is an answerable question and we should use reason not faith to answer it. Again logic tells us that unless there is evidence to support the claim we should reject it. That doesn't mean the claim is unquestionably false (can't proove a negative), it means the claim is simply not supported.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Many claims or beliefs can change over time. It was claimed, that man would never fly. It was claimed we'd never put a man on the moon. It was claimed that the Collecantha ( not sure how you spell that but it is a prehistoric fish,, LOL ) was extinct.

I'm not sure of the authenticity of this story but I read it somewhere. Years and years ago the giant panda was believed to be just something that people made up stories about. People said they saw it and what not. There was a guy ( I forget his name )that set out to find out about these claims. Him and his team shot one and brought its hide back for the scientists to examine. They said it was fake. This infuriated the guy. He set out again and this time brought back a live panda. That is how the panda was discovered.

Don't know how true this is but I remember reading about it.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

What ever happened to 'Ole DeadDeer?

The GC will never admit that there are a few running around because of the media coverage and hysteria that would come of it. They will adopt a wait and see approach and stave off any sightings as something they are not. DO YOU REALLY BLAME THEM?
If the GC said "there are cougars in PA" or "we have evidence that some cougars are present", pandemonium would erupt.
As for the theories of deer control and insurance companies, I don't remember any recent posts of a serious nature claiming this, some from people joking around, yes.
As far as University study, Penn State did a study on my parents' property, among others,years ago. They were looking for ancient indian artifacts, because a big sewer project was coming through. We regularly found arrowheads, spearheads and such growing up. Guess what? The study concluded that no Indian artifact field was present! They said the locals were mistaken. HA!
Old 01-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the pic again, for the guy who asked.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

can anyone explain the ORANGISH COLOR on these lions?same as i saw on one i saw. thanks

Quick Reply: Mountain Lions Are Absolutely in PA (photo Added)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.