Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Suspended hunting License/Orange vest >

Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

Old 12-19-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

Has anyone ever heard of ever getting your license suspended for not wearing your vest in a tree stand? Vest was in the tree just not on.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

many hunters are removing their vests in deer season in treestands.why, i dont know.deer cant see you and they are colored blind.it depends on if you have violated law before if you get suspended.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

what state are you in?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:38 PM

Taking the blaze orange must not work too well, cause the human found you in the tree.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:28 AM

I am in Connecticut! Game warden came through walked directly to the stand from his location with no orange on. I had mine but was sitting on it covering the ice on the bucket. I honestly did not know it was going to be that big of a deal when in the tree. But we all support the DEP every year
makes you wonder.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

i can not figure this out.we in pa have to have it on but how many do you see them with out it on.if the hunter has to wear it they should have to.just my 2 pennies
Old 12-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Fluorescent Orange Requirement

During the period September 1 through the last day of February, hunters are required to wear at least 400 square inches of fluorescent orange clothing above the waist and visible from all sides. The following hunters are exempt from this requirement: Archery Deer Hunters during most seasons, Archery and Firearms Turkey Hunters, Waterfowl Hunters while hunting from boats, duck blinds, or other stationary positions, Crow Hunters while hunting from blinds or a stationary position, Raccoon and Opossum Hunters when hunting from 1/2 hour after sunset until 1/2 hour before sunrise, and Landowners while hunting deer on their own property. Family members are still required to wear fluorescent orange. Persons hunting with deer damage permits are also subject to the fluorescent orange requirement.
I'm not seeing any ambiguity in the language , perhaps you should study your state's hunting guide more often . Here's a link to their site:
Ct. Hunting and Fishing Guide
Old 12-20-2005, 11:19 AM

I agree what everyone is saying but to suspend your priveleges to hunt is awlful hard.It's like if you dont wear your seatbelt, you get a ticket! but you dont loose your Licsense!
Old 12-20-2005, 11:41 AM

I agree what everyone is saying but to suspend your priveleges to hunt is awlful hard.It's like if you dont wear your seatbelt, you get a ticket! but you dont loose your Licsense!

The man makes a good point there. It seems he knows he screwed up, but it doesnt seem that the punishment fits the crime. How long did your privilagesget suspended for?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

Not trying to start something here, but is there anything more to this story? He can't just suspend your licence because he feels fit to for not wearing an orange vest. I've never heard of such penalty for a misdemearor offense.There are set fines/penalties for offenses.

Quick Reply: Suspended hunting License/Orange vest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.