Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lion in PA   RUMOR?? >

Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Old 12-08-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Heard a story from a guy I know and trust, that a mountain lion was killed in Tioga county and had a State farm Ins tattoo. Story seems to be a little far fetched to me but you never know these days. Remembered a post about coyotes in PA that were supposedly bought by State Farm Ins. Just wondering if anyone else heard this same story.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:51 AM

Default RE: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

not true
Old 12-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did hear of one being seen in I think Indiana county. They supposedly made casts of it's tracks too.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:55 AM

stories pop up every year. No evidence has ever been produced.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:01 AM

my uncle has a cabin in Cameron County. A few years ago, he had a mountain lion pass in front of his truck on the road back to his cabin. I've heard there is a good population of them in happy valley.Not sure if thats true or not.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is also an unconfirmed story of a road killed one in Jefferson County. It was in a local paper up there during gun season. Not sure if they ever confirmed or denied it.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Cranberry Township (just north of Pittsburgh) and supposedly, there was one spotted on Franklink Road. My wife was at a kids birthday party and some of the people were talking about it being on the local news. I never saw or heard anymore but was curious if anyone saw that on the news??

Edited to add, I don't believe there are any wild ones down here but maybe someones released pet.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heard a story from a guy I know and trust, that a mountain lion was killed in Tioga county and had a State farm Ins tattoo. Story seems to be a little far fetched to me but you never know these days. Remembered a post about coyotes in PA that were supposedly bought by State Farm Ins. Just wondering if anyone else heard this same story.
Now tell me why state farm would TATTOO their company name on this cat???? I can't believe anyone would even REMOTELY believe this, much les post it. All that said I saw a grizzly in NJ the other day that told he switched to GEICO, good news for him!
Old 12-09-2005, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here we go again. The PA rumor mill generating urban myths that just won't go away.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:52 AM

I got an email from a friend who hunts in Potter County. He said that the animal was a coyote and it had an ear tag that identified it as a State Farm coyote. He asked whether this meant that the coyote was raised on a State Farm (read Game Commission) or by State Farm Insurance? It still amazes me that people believe this crapola, but then P. T. Barnum said it best. "There is a sucker born every minute."

Quick Reply: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.