Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lion in PA   RUMOR?? >

Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Old 12-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

nahhh, i'm not kidding! its just like when they released genetically altered super poisonous rattlesnakes to control the turkey population. seems the turkeys were eating too many grasshoppers, which in turn was starving out the yellow-bristled nuthatches.

now, without yellow bristled nuthatches, we all know that maple syrup production would grind to a halt, and without maple syrup, there would be alot of pissed off truckers at diners across the state.

then they would have to release jimmy hoffa from the cryogenic chamber they have been storing him in to straighten things out.

and BELIEVE ME a freshly unfrozen, sleepy jimmy hoffa is NOTHING you want running loose in PA.

and thats what the guy with the meth lab down the street from me says and i believe him
Old 12-13-2005, 10:24 AM

Sidenote: Snakes are venomous.
Plants are poisonous.

Otherwise the smoked out smackhead is dead on.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

nahhh, i'm not kidding! its just like when they released genetically altered super poisonous rattlesnakes to control the turkey population. seems the turkeys were eating too many grasshoppers, which in turn was starving out the yellow-bristled nuthatches.

now, without yellow bristled nuthatches, we all know that maple syrup production would grind to a halt, and without maple syrup, there would be alot of pissed off truckers at diners across the state.

then they would have to release jimmy hoffa from the cryogenic chamber they have been storing him in to straighten things out.

and BELIEVE ME a freshly unfrozen, sleepy jimmy hoffa is NOTHING you want running loose in PA.

and thats what the guy with the meth lab down the street from me says and i believe him
Now if livbucks told me this I wouldn't have believed it but coming from you moose, it's got to be true!
Old 12-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you a liberal from Berkeley, CA?
If you look under my name at the left side of the posts you will see I'm from upstate NY. I'm also pretty conservative. But are you suggesting that conservatives believe there are cougars in PA and liberals don't? I would have guessed itis just the opposite.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

do cougars live in "red" states or "blue" states? now THERES a conspiracy theory for ya!
Old 12-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sylvan

Are you a liberal from Berkeley, CA?
If you look under my name at the left side of the posts you will see I'm from upstate NY. I'm also pretty conservative. But are you suggesting that conservatives believe there are cougars in PA and liberals don't? I would have guessed itis just the opposite.
A trait of liberals is to say that if someone disagrees with their ideas, there must be some infirmery or character flaw in them. You meet that criteria by calling me a dope smoker. I didn't resort to this when you called me a liar about the cougar near Pittsburgh. This case was investigated by the GC. The admitted that it WAS a cougar, but went with the "pet" explanation, thereby preserving the stand that there is no "proof" of cougar "populations" in PA. This is all true whatI say. For you to deny that it happened says alot about you.
It DID.

Do you know that it didn't?
Show me proof that I am wrong.
Just saying I am wrong doesn't mean that it is true.
Did you do any research?

Old 12-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

"
he admitted that it WAS a cougar, but went with the "pet" explanation, thereby preserving the stand that there is no "proof" of cougar "populations" in PA
." You have a link to this??

Found this from the post gazzette.

What never has stopped are sightings of these big cats throughout this region, such as those in February in Beaver County near Pittsburgh. Are the reports cases of mistaken identity? That was the state Game Commission's initial take on the local sightings, which never did amount to anything solid (same as with a recent spate in Lancaster County).
Old 12-13-2005, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is from Penn State,can't find an article that say's what your stating as fact.

San Julian dutifully follows up on every cougar report he can. Recently he was given a plaster cast of what was suspected to be a cougar track from Wayne County, made after a “large, cat-like creature” was seen locally. But after consultations with biologists inside and outside the University, he determined it was an unusual bear track showing just four toes and no claws. After carefully considering the shape of the paw, Penn State experts concluded that the print was not made by a cougar.

He occasionally inspects “scat” suspected of being left by a mountain lion, and closely examines the animal excrement for food sources, hairs, or other clues. San Julian can even send scat to be tested for cougar DNA. The last promising scat turned out to be from a large coyote that had eaten a lot of meat.

DNA tests have offered conclusive proof of cougars in other eastern states. The Eastern Cougar Foundation, a clearinghouse for cougar sightings, claims it has received proof that big cats do exist in Missouri, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maryland, West Virginia, North Carolina, Illinois, and Kentucky, and in Ontario and New Brunswick, Canada.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

"
he admitted that it WAS a cougar, but went with the "pet" explanation, thereby preserving the stand that there is no "proof" of cougar "populations" in PA
." You have a link to this??

Found this from the post gazzette.

What never has stopped are sightings of these big cats throughout this region, such as those in February in Beaver County near Pittsburgh. Are the reports cases of mistaken identity? That was the state Game Commission's initial take on the local sightings, which never did amount to anything solid (same as with a recent spate in Lancaster County).
Contact wtae-tv Pittsburgh. Field reporter Chris Glorioso.
Links are now broken, sorry.
I would love to give them to you but they no longer work.
I'm sure if you call the station, they will get you the information.
The GC said straight out that it was a "pet" that got away.
Some residents had pics of it, but like anything, pics can be hard to authenticate, so I don't rely on those.
The critter left quite an evidence trail in the snow. But, as fast as it came...it was gone. This was a few years ago now.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

DNA tests have offered conclusive proof of cougars in other eastern states. The Eastern Cougar Foundation, a clearinghouse for cougar sightings, claims it has received proof that big cats do exist in Missouri, Vermont, Massachusetts, Maryland, West Virginia, North Carolina, Illinois, and Kentucky, and in Ontario and New Brunswick, Canada.

Why are Pa's borders obviously closed tight and secure to them?
Why is it so hard to believe that they are expanding into PA.

Quick Reply: Mountain lion in PA RUMOR??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.