Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any yotes in Pa. >

Any yotes in Pa.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any yotes in Pa.

Old 12-09-2005, 02:13 PM

Default RE: Any yotes in Pa.

Yotes can be hunted on a regular hunting license ONLY while legally hunting deer and with an unfilled deer tag. You can't just go out any time of year and whack yotes - at least that's how I understood the law.

Gil
Old 12-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Yotes can be hunted on a regular hunting license ONLY while legally hunting deer and with an unfilled deer tag.
Gil850- that's only if you are hunting Yotes during the rifle deer season. Also during turkey season you can only hunt yotes if you have a valid turkey tag. The reason they do that is so you don't go around poaching deer or turkey and say "I'm hunting coyotes". Coyotes in PA have no closed season so you can hunt them all year round with a regular hunting license.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Host of Hosts

The Coyote numbers are down a little this year in PA......the PGC stocking truck from Montana broke down on I-80 and they just released them all into Ohio.
Actually the truck comes in from Colorado!

I saw one on opening day hauling the mail across the hollow.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:01 PM

ORIGINAL: rile1564

Yotes can be hunted on a regular hunting license ONLY while legally hunting deer and with an unfilled deer tag.
Gil850- that's only if you are hunting Yotes during the rifle deer season. Also during turkey season you can only hunt yotes if you have a valid turkey tag. The reason they do that is so you don't go around poaching deer or turkey and say "I'm hunting coyotes". Coyotes in PA have no closed season so you can hunt them all year round with a regular hunting license.
Yea, that makes sense - Thanks.

Gil
Old 12-11-2005, 03:09 AM
Typical Buck

no yotes this year but i did see what im gonna say was a wolf. we were spotlighting on sun. nite before season in a field not far from where we hunt and there stood this animal ,big, black german shepherd looking animal.after watching him for a few long minutes this thing started to trot off well when he took off his trot was more like a lope so we knew something was different about this "dog" but we continued on with our spotting,,about an hour later we came back thru the area and sure enough,,,he was still there,,same field,,stalking 3 does,,we watched him for about another 5 mins. and continued on our way wonderin if what we saw was truly a wolf,,my brother lives in the area and i told him about it and he said he had to go thru there on his way to the store and he said he would check it out to see if it might be the amish' dog,,,due to the fact that they have 1 big shepherd,,,,he spun thru there and the dog was tied up and the animal that we seen was still there,,,chasin a doe,,,only camera i had was a kodak disposable so i have no pics to verify this story,,,but i wish i would've took the gun back out there and shot whatever it was we saw,,i know in my heart that it was a wolf and not a kids family pet,,if i had to take a guess,,,im bettin this thingwould weigh 60-80lbs,,this was in the southern clinton co. area
Old 12-11-2005, 04:33 PM

been going coyote hunting and seen about 7
Old 12-11-2005, 04:35 PM

The game comission said there's no closed season except for some other kind of game seasons you can't. I asked and they told all about it. In that case I have been going coyote hunting.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

didnt see any this year, but a lot of tracks. even saw track of two to be what looks like, chasing a deer.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I killed one last summer - just a small one. I was hunting groundhogs, and he came out into the field about 150-200 yds away.

I don't know what happened. He just fell right over. I guess he had a "splitting headache."
Old 12-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Spike

The gamelands in northern Wayne County have all you want.

Quick Reply: Any yotes in Pa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.