Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck!  Post Updates Here! >

Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck! Post Updates Here!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck! Post Updates Here!

Old 11-28-2005, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck! Post Updates Here!

So I'm stuck at work here in NY, and missing the first opening day in 9 years for PA.......I won't be out there until Saturday. [:@]

Post up what you folks are seeing out there!!
Old 11-28-2005, 02:08 PM

Default RE: Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck!

Saw a small doe and that was it, let her go for next year. Very little shooting heard either.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

two doe at 7 am, then four doe and an 8 point at 9:10, but my son{13years old} could not get on him fast enough, and then heended up shooting a seven point at 11:30. not too bad of a day !!!
Old 11-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/BIGTONY124/100_0961.jpg
Old 11-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Miserable day here in somerset county. 25mph winds fog that prevented me from seeing past about 40yd and drizzle all day long. I didn't see a single deer and only heard about 6 shots all day long. The weather really threw the wammy to me today!
Old 11-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got word that my dad shot one this evening at our camp in Lycoming County. A nice 6 that should have been an eight (evidently a broken section). He was the only one in the camp of 18+ guys who shot today. I'm sitting at school 2 hours away because I have too much work to attend to[:@]
Old 11-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Rick James,

My dad and brother hunted in at our land in Mill Creek, near your mapleton property. Dad saw a couple, but the fog was too thick to hunt.About 1pmtheywent back out to our house and got a nice 8 point.Good Luck.

Zach
Old 11-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

My tag was used in archery, which is a whole other story. I took my son out today. I set up a ladder stand and a hang on stand next to it, so I could "coach". We saw a button and a doe fawn at 7:00, a group of six does/fawns at 8:00 and at 9:00 a doe and a six point came directly to us at about 10 yards. My kid was waiting for the buck to step into the perfect position when the doe spooked and the buck wheeled around and stood there, but behind a tree. He then walked up the hill and then came back and gave the perfect broadside shot at 20 yards. Only one problem, he was skylined and my son passed on the dangerous shot. He came as close as one could get to shooting a buck without actually pulling the trigger. We laughed about it all day. I say the doe winded us, he says the doe heard me hollering "SHOOT" and spooked. I guess this one will never be solved.(I was just a little excited)
Old 11-28-2005, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck! Post Updates Here!

Sat with my 13 year old in a 2 man ladder stand aal day. the one deer we saw was a decent buck (an 8 or better with a rack that would have been around 100") at about 55 yards. He just popped out of a stand of greenbrier and crabapples that is just about impenetrable. When I spotted him he was working a licking branch and facing directly at us. He was behind a tree to my son and head on to us. The kid managed to get a look at an eye and a nose in the scope. Rather than have him move with the deer facing our way, I figured two more steps and he'd have a clear shot from where he sat. The buck worked that branch for 5 minutes and then turned 90 degrees into the briars.

Otherwise we were inundated with hunters. Thats always a risk on public land. We carried that two man ladder stand a mile back in only to have two quads with three guys on each park 50 yards from us. They didnt hunt there but between them and the other foot traffic, it's a wonder we saw anything at all.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck! Post Updates Here!

Bob,
I left the part about quads out of my post. All the area residents where we were must have hunted in the morning and rode quads in the afternoon because that is all we could hear. I'll never understand why a guy would make his quad LOUDER. I would rather have mine quiet, wouldn't you?

Quick Reply: Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck! Post Updates Here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.