Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck!  Post Updates Here! >

Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck! Post Updates Here!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck! Post Updates Here!

Old 11-28-2005, 05:40 PM

Default RE: Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck! Post Updates Here!

the last group we saw was at 4 this afternoon. eight came by so iended up taking a nice doe with my father'sold 30-30 atabout 80 yards. kinda neat taking one with this old gun. she ran about 40 or 50 yards.needed some meat for freezer. we saw twentyfor the day and could not put a horn of any of them. did have alot of fun with the turkey though.i think coyotes must have broke up a flock because they were everywhere all day long.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I only had a doe tag to fill, and had deer running everywhere from first light. Finally was able to get a good shot and connect around 830. Tons of shooting up until that time too. The rest of the day was just hanging out with Dad and Bro, cutting up the deer and tossing around the football.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

I to had to deal w/ the fog.i didnt see anything in the morning only heard a few shots. then around 10:30 i was looking to my left and i turned to my front again and there stood a buck. it looked pretty good but w/ the fog i wasent sure so he walked into an opening and i scoped him and saw he was a okay buck so i shot, he dropped right in his tracks he didnt even kick. when i got over to him he ended up only being a 7pt would have been an 8 but had a broken point. he wasent to high but he was pretty wide, when i got home i put the tape up to him and he had a 17" even spread. not one for the wall but since ive been passing up bucks for 7 years and not shooting, this is a good buck to hold me over till next year. only deer i saw but then it also took me 3 1/2 hours to get him outta the woods. man im beat.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put some meat in the freezer tonight at about 10 minutes till 4:00 PM. Nice tender little doe. Didn't move an inch after I pulled the trigger. Mmmmm... backstraps!!!!!!!!

Took her in McKean County. It's too warm though. Got her filled with garbage bags of ice till we can get her home and cut up.

Terrible picture, but I was running out of daylight and had to get her cleaned and out of the woods...

Old 11-28-2005, 08:16 PM

It was a pretty slow day....we had7 guys in our camp in Susquehana County and only got two does. It was tough weather condidtions though, we had some pretty thick fog that lasted most of the morning. I was planning on strictly buck hunting but i was anxious to try out my new .308 so i ended up taking a doe, which was the only deer i saw all day.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pahunter21
Where did the 9 inches of snow go? Not a trace in the pic. I bet things were muddy up there.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scored on this 7pnt or 8pnt (the one point only comes up about 1/4inch). He came running scared from other hunters and i layed him out. Not exactly my biggest buck, but hunting public land in rifle season i wasn't about to let him pass. Heard lots of shooting all day, fog wasn't an issue around here but it was really warm and rainy.

Old 11-29-2005, 04:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Greg,

One of the quads that passed by us several times was definitely louder than a factory exhaust. Even when they werent running them back and forth, the place they parked em became the meeting place and they showed no common courtesy to those of ushunting in earshot.

In my opinion, the a__holes that ridequads throught the deer woods in season for any reason other than remote deer retrieval are not hunters. They may have ahunting license, but they're not hunters.

Now more than ever, My buddies I plan on finding a private place to lease so we donthave to put up with this any more
Old 11-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a picture of my Western PA buck. Shot him at 10:40am. I'll post the story later in the Deer Hunting section.

I saw 3 deer including this one. 1 Doe, 1 Buck non shooter and this guy.
6 guys in our party. One other guy shot an 8 point at 7:15. We didn't see a lot of deer or heara lot of shooting.

Old 11-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

I was only out for about 5 hours the first morning. We were hunting a parcel of Delware National Forest in Pike county. When I left there around 11:30 am there was a grand total of 6 shots. Three of which were from the same guy at 2 does (heard over the radio). The day before we took a nice long walk through the hunting area and despite there still being snow on the ground from last week we only found 3 sets of tracks.

I won't be heading up there next opening day. I should just stick closer to home. Out of 5 of my hunting buddies that chose to hunt locally 3 of them connected on does yesterday. Didn't hear much about bucks taken.

Quick Reply: Hoping all the PA Hunters are having good luck! Post Updates Here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.