Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Tioga County PA

Old 11-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tioga County PA

How's the whitetail hunting up there? I know that there are plenty of Elk. Wife and I were up there on vacation this past September and fell in love with the area so much...especially Wellsboro area...that we have decided to pull up stakes here in Delaware and head up there sometime in '07. Sure would like to hear from anyone that lives up there, about the whitetail hunting and living up there in general. Thanks...Dave
Old 11-21-2005, 07:40 AM

Default RE: Tioga County PA

grandfathers hunting camp is up there that i can't join.... i love that area up there fishing in hills creek is great. and the area is cool too... see alot of deer up there but not half the amount i used to see 10 yrs up there... just try and get on private land up there like farms and so on... unless you get your own land then manage it your self.. good luck up there would love to be able to pick up and move up there.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:00 PM

this is from the roaring branch area about 15 miles south. last year.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:04 PM

and this one was taken 3 years ago. about the same area.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave I love it there too, we are going Sat to Clinton County, really wilderness where we are , a bunch of Smyrna guys and myself have a camp up there, you probably know all of them....
Old 11-22-2005, 01:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RonM

Dave I love it there too, we are going Sat to Clinton County, really wilderness where we are , a bunch of Smyrna guys and myself have a camp up there, you probably know all of them....
OK, I see Clinton is just south of Tioga. It is wilderness up there...that's the reason why the wife and I want to move up there. Getting too darn crowded down here. Ron,do you happen to live on the corner of Greers cnr. and Dexter cnr. roads? If you do, we both know someone...Franny Cole. Any of those Smyrna guys work at GM?
Old 11-22-2005, 04:57 AM
Spike

Bow4,
We dont have any elk in Tioga County except in game farms. Deer, they are not as prevelant as they once were but if you hunt hard they are here. We have a lot of state game land as well as state forest so there is plenty of places to hunt. We also have a lot of turkeys.
We live 4 miles outside wellsboro, so real familiar with the area, any questions I can answer let me know. We do love it here. We moved back here from California after 20 years of military service.
If you want to look for preexisitng homes, go to realtor.com. The Wellsboro zip is 16901, Blossburg is 16912, and Mansfield is 16933
Old 11-22-2005, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tioga you live 4 miles which direction from Wellsboro helped a friend build a camp in 78 on Rattler mine road near Morris ,
Old 11-22-2005, 06:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dave seems like I do know Franny Cole, the guys I hunt with are all farmers from Smyrna, Clarence Scuse, George Wilson, Geo Staats, Dempsey,s and Charlie Towles who is an electrician, Charlie and I pretty much hunt together and I'll tow his jeep up for me and him to run around in, we are on 6000 acres next to Sproul state forest which is 200,000 acres, talk about wilderness....Our property is owned by timber company and we rent from them along with about a dozen other camps... We also go up for spring gobbler and once or twice in the summer .... We [ut in a shower a couple years ago...
Old 11-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to live in Wellsboro. There is some nice farm country out 283 from town, I took quite a few good bucks in there back in the mid 90's.

Quick Reply: Tioga County PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.