Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 22-pt. NY buck from 2005... >

22-pt. NY buck from 2005...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

22-pt. NY buck from 2005...

Old 11-22-2005, 06:34 PM

Default RE: 22-pt. NY buck from 2005...

Iv hurd alot of stuff about this buck,, the shootersname is Rex Taft,, works at polly-o,, that i do no for sure,,, but i have hurd everything from rifle to bow,, shot after dark,, shot in the morning,, and that he had to cut the neck to finnish him off,, that would explain why the neck iscut off and needs a new cape,, the latest is the DEC did there thing and found nothing.. but i dont think we'll never really no the truth... that is by far one fine buck for this neck of the woods
Old 11-23-2005, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

WNY Bowhunter.

I am from Bath, but do my hunting in Avoca. Pretty much a trophy hunter wiht the bow and don't shoot unless I am going to get it mounted..We have taken some nice deer in the area......
Old 11-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

and that he had to cut the neck to finnish him off,, that would explain why the neck iscut off and needs a new cape,, the latest is the DEC did there thing and found nothing...
That's what I heard too. Last night my dad talked to a guy from town that works at Polly-Oand is pretty good friends with the guy who shot the buck. He said that the whole poaching thing was started by a jealous landowner who's propery adjoins the property where the buck was killed. As for the ruined cape...he said thatthe buck wasn't dead whenthe guywalked up on it, he started to panic and in the heat of the moment took out his knife and cut it's throat. He also said that the deer was checked out by the DEC and nothing suspicious was found. Another friend of my dad's who works at Polly-O said the same thing.

that is by far one fine buck for this neck of the woods
Thats for sure! Even if it turns out that the deer was poached, you can't take anything away from the deer due to the actions of the hunter.

Old 11-23-2005, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Guys you know this $hit happens every damn time someone kills a buck better than average! And it’s understandable considering these brutes don’t fall often or easy, and well….You can’t kill one so “HE must be cheating!!” More often than not a few jealous hunters start the rumors and aint it funny how far and fast they travel! And those F#*[:@]!ng F@GS get all the laughs when the rumor gets back to them. And all this Rex guy can say about his prize is “No damn it I didn’t poach it!” That must suck! It is by far one of the most amazing bucks I’ve seen taken from Steuben County, and I pray that he was taken ethically. All we can do is hope. It makes for good conversation but please don’t speculate. How would you feel if you were so lucky?

I’ve also talked to workers from the Stink-O factory as well as numerous friends and family who all have there “well I heard” and all I can think is, poor damn guy!
Old 11-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

It makes for good conversation but please don’t speculate.
I'm not saying anything bad about the guy...I REALLY hope that its legit.

Guys you know this $hit happens every damn time someone kills a buck better than average!
I agree. Most of these rumors are nothing more that stories created out of jealousy.