Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rutty Rutty Rut Rut Rut?? >

Rutty Rutty Rut Rut Rut??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rutty Rutty Rut Rut Rut??

Old 11-12-2005, 05:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Rutty Rutty Rut Rut Rut??

Well? Well how bout it NY any signs of the madness yet?
Old 11-12-2005, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rutty Rutty Rut Rut Rut??

its on strong right now!!! headin to work today. but will be in a tree dark to dark tom.!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

As experienced hunters from NY, what weeksdo you guys usually experience heavy rutting activity, and whendo you believe the majority (say 60-80%), of the does get bred.
We were discussing this elsewhere and any input would be appreciated.

JC
Old 11-12-2005, 09:01 AM

the little guys have been doing some chasing this past week,this morning saw three different bucks between 0640-0715 one being a wide eight,they were definitely seeking/looking for a hot doe but the does wont be ready till next week.went too a park where there is no hunting and the fields were loaded with does about fifty counted @3:30 till dark watched one eight and one big ten approach several different groups of does scent checking them and harassing them-the does are not ready they kept running from the bucks/so for the next week or so its gonna be hot!
all this taken place on long island Mike
Old 11-12-2005, 09:57 AM
RMQ

My core hutning area for bow season is littered with a bunch of good scrapes that were being freshened regularly until this week; now they're just running and bumping Does and freshening scrapes occasionally. This coming week should be smoking hot. I'd say Nov. 11-19th is the heaviest rutting / breeding period; with a lesser secondary phase of breeding taking place towards the middle of Dec. At least thats from my observations here in 4F. Find the Does and You'll be into the Bucks!! This morning I had a small 3pt come through and never stopped just scent checking the scrape line and boy did he look ragged. No doubt he's just running from doe to doe hopeing to get lucky. Tommorow I'm gonna start hunting food sources for the Does and the bucks won't be far behind.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:00 AM

When you see a buck ontop of a doe getting laid then you'll know the rut is in full swing. ahahha
Old 11-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a few bucks this weekend, but none chasing doe. Still yet to see a scrape. Don't know what is going on.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:20 AM

We are cetainly at peak rut stage. Last Wed saw a real nice 7 pointer giving it to a doe in the middle of a field around 4:30PM. Then Thursday saw a monster buckon a doe. He's the kind of buck you never see during the day light. Only wish I was in my stand and not walking towards it when I saw him.....
Old 11-13-2005, 09:19 AM

Hey skidmark wish I was hunting near you seems like your the only one in the state to claim the rut is past peak/hate to say it but think your off a bit /the major chase phase will go down next week and the breeding phase about the 22 on its all about the moon(starts the estrous cycle)anyway hope you shoot a good one or two/my 2cents/PS most avid hunters will go a lifetime and never see a buck mount a doe
Old 11-13-2005, 10:06 AM

Out this morning in northeren NY near Lake Ontario. SQUAT...one rub....too warm; winds near 20mph.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.