Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rutty Rutty Rut Rut Rut?? >

Rutty Rutty Rut Rut Rut??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rutty Rutty Rut Rut Rut??

Old 11-13-2005, 03:59 PM

Default RE: Rutty Rutty Rut Rut Rut??

Hey wamma, yeah that was the first time I saw a buck mount a doe.He was done in like 5 seconds. I learned an important thing that day. Isaw the buck and the doebed down in the thicket in the field so I went to try and sneak up and get a shot. The buck ran off into the woods(doe stayed)so I went back in my tree stand. 15 minutes later the buck went backinto the thicket. Lesson learned, if you ever seperate a buckon a hot doe stay by the doe because that buck will come back.

No man the rut is on here, when you see 150 class bucks running in the day time with does, IT'S ON..!!

Good luck.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

7m, Cortland county. Cortland Co. DEC office claimed 11/8 was time to be in the woods for the action to start. On 11/7 Mon. I was in my stand, and watched a small buck chase a doe around all through the woods. The doe escaped him, neared my stand, and squated to pee. I checked that spot once down, and no sign of any blood in her urine. On 11/11 I saw a small spike sniffing out a doe, and the doe was acting crazy. Running around him, kicking up her back legs, just acting all stupid & in heat. In my opinion anyways. I say its on NOW in my area.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:39 AM

Skidmark I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS HAPPEN/ONLY SEEN IT ON TV.THE SEASON OPENS HERE ON LONG ISLAND OCT1 AND SINCE THEN IVE BEEN ON STAND 15 DAYS/MORE SO RECENTLY AND AT THE END OF OCTOBER SAW SOME SMALL BUCKS CHASING DOES AROUND THE WOODS /THEY SAY A SMALL MAJORITY OF DOES WILL COME INTO HEAT EARLY AFTER THE HARVEST MOON WHICH I BELIEVE THIS YEAR WAS OCT 15/SINCE AROUND NOV 9 IVE BEEN SEEING ALOT MORE MOVEMENT IN THE WOODS/SOME SMALL BUCKS ON THE MOVE SEARCHING/ON NOV 12 DID SEE A BIG BOY SEARCHING BUT THE SAME DAY SAW TWO GROUPS OF DOE WITH NOTHING IN TOW/YES THE RUT IS ON AND THIS WILL BE THE TIME TO BE IN THE WOODS/DOWN HERE THE DOES ARE NOT READY AND I DONT THINK WILL BE READY TILL NEXT WEEK/THIS INFO COMES FROM A SMALL GRUOP OF GUYS THAT HUNT HARD HERE ON LONG ISLAND/ANYWAY GOOD LUCK GO GET EM AND ESPECIALLY ALL YOU RIFLE FANS THE RUT IS GONNA BE IN FULL SWING MIKE