Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Coyote ugly in NY while bow hunting >

Coyote ugly in NY while bow hunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Coyote ugly in NY while bow hunting

Old 11-11-2005, 09:55 PM
RMQ

Default RE: Coyote ugly in NY while bow hunting

South paw,
I hunt the Oneonta Area also and have been seeing more and more coyotes every year, the last2 deer seasons have been the worst. From my house I can hear Coyotes on opposite mountain sides a couple times a week. I've got some trail cam pictures that would really surprise you with the numbers and sizes of these guys. I saw a pair of real good size yotes in my field last week. They drive deer out of an area quick; so we always drag our deer as far away from our hunting area as possible before gutting them out because they love feasting on a gut pile.
Good luck hunting and wack them yotes when you can.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:46 PM

I had a nice coyote come slinking out of the woods approx. 50 yards to my left around 3:00 opening day. I watched it walk about 100 yards out then turn around and start to head back to the woods. At about 70 yardsit spotted me and started to run back in the woods. I shotit about 50 yards out running to the woods. I hitit in the hind legs and spunit around.It got back up and started running in circles like a dog chasingits tail. I put a second slug inits side and it was down for the count. I had one walk under my stand before sun up and stop about 20 yards straight ahead of me. I lit it up with my flashlight but didn't shoot it. There sure are lots of them out there. Here is a picture of the one I shot. The landowner was happy so I guess I earned my hunting privleges for this year!

Old 11-27-2005, 06:50 PM

Here is another picture. It is a pretty big coyote. Well fed.

Old 11-28-2005, 07:38 PM

That's a nice yote. They're beautiful animals but they really do cause some trouble. I shot 7 two years ago in a special preditor hunting season. my hat's off to ya.