Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote UGLY!

Old 04-23-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Coyote UGLY!

What is the best way to rid the area of coyotes. My small dachsie was just injured pretty severly. Had it not been for my two blue lacy dogs they would have killed her. I need them gone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I live in South Texas about 70 miles South of Houston.

Thanks,

Cynthia Johnson
Old 04-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Coyote UGLY!

I have heard about some programs that will place synide on their land to help eliminate some of the coyote population. It probably isn't suggested if you have dogs running around. You could call your DNR and request some information.

You could also post at your local coffee shops, co-ops etc requesting hunters to come and help shoot coyotes. There are a lot of people out there who like to hunt but don't have the land to do so.

Good luck and I hope you dog recovers!
Old 04-23-2007, 01:21 PM

IF YOUR PROPERTY IS TOO SMALL TO SHOOT

You can call a Nusinance Wildlife control operator in your State. It cost money but they can come trap them out of the area.

I do this now in CT and NYC. I can help you find one IN YOUR AREA if you send a PM
Old 04-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

As was said above, hire a trapper, probably a local animal control person in your area. Traps work 24/7 and will be the most effective means of removing the coyotes. You may have to keep your pets locked up for a few days, or at least not let them run the property, if they usually allowed to. But a good trapper will get more and get more faster than hunters can!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:42 AM

make sure you dont hire someone inexpirienced cause that will just make the yotes smarter
Old 04-24-2007, 01:57 PM

Trapping is probably your best bet. Unless you have a working ranch where you can get some training and set up some baited poisined traps. Good luck.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:39 PM

good luck with that thought