Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 I hate tough choices... >

I hate tough choices...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

I hate tough choices...

Old 11-06-2005, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default I hate tough choices...

I'm sitting here looking at the forecast...67 and wind (25mph +) with thunderstorms a likely possibility. Right now, it is a bit windy, but it is sunny and clear skies.

If I go out, it'll storm. If I stay in and watch some football...it'll all calm down and "pass over" as the weatherman likes to say.

Man I hate being stuck between two decisions.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:56 AM

Default RE: I hate tough choices...

I went out this morning......nothing. Too warm, and a bit windy. Another hunter at the same spot had the same experience. Jefferson county ( Ellisburg area). I don't believe the rut has started...no signs, no movement.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

go
Old 11-06-2005, 11:35 AM

BUCKSTOPSHERE......

I am hunting fairly close to you, in Sackets Harbor.

Saturday I saw the first evidence of rut activity by an older buck. It was the first time I have seen an older buck while hunting this year, with exception of spotting. He chased a doe across the field right by me before it was light to get a good look at him, then jogged back over to another group of deer. For 20 minutes I watched him push around another buck (turned out to be a decent 8 point), and the does appeared very nervous around him. When it got light I had the opportunity to study him at 300 yards...WOW. They ran out of the field soon after.

Also had deer running in circles through theswamp behind me for over 40 minutes at 10AM. Caught glimpses of several does being chased around by abuck that I was not able to get a good look at.

Combine this with new scrapes popping up everywhere and I am excited about thisupcoming week!

RandW

Old 11-06-2005, 04:46 PM

Glad to hear the rut has started in our neck of the woods. Welcome to the board Racksandwalleyes! When you get our first deer this year you'll have to celbrate with dinner at Tin Pan Galley and dessert at Chrissy Beans...
Old 11-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Im glad to hear that im not the only one not having any luck. Took Fri and tommorrow off from work. I though these would be ideal times to hunt the rut, WRONG! Hopefully after these thunderstorms pass and the the weather cools slightly, things will change. I dont know about everyone else, but we have only had one frost here in Montgomery Co. I think this has delayed the onset of the rut.
I still have one more day left of my mini "vacation", maybe tomorrow will be better!
MIKE
Old 11-06-2005, 06:17 PM

Well,I just moved to Sackets from PA at the beginning of October....so I guess I will have to look for those two places (I don't live in town). Seeing I have already put a doe in the freezer, guess I will have to find "Chrissy Beans" first!

Went out in the wind tonight, which turned into a thunderstorm. Shortened my hunt with just one deer sighted. Hope the week brings more days like Saturday's action, and not today's hot weather!

Best of luck.

RandW