Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 i read this and thought id pass it along >

i read this and thought id pass it along

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

i read this and thought id pass it along

Old 11-05-2005, 01:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default i read this and thought id pass it along

MORE DEER-VEHICLE COLLISIONS REPORTED IN PENNSYLVANIA
A major insurance company says Pennsylvania motorists are reporting more deer-vehicle collisions than any other state in the country. State Farm says more than 150 people are killed each year in the estimated one and a half million deer-vehicle collisions that occur across the country. The insurer says that the second-most deer-vehicle collisions during the year ending June 30 took place in Michigan, followed in order by Illinois, Ohio, Georgia, Minnesota, Virginia, Indiana, Texas and Wisconsin. Pennsylvania deer-collision claims account for 18-thousand of the total 179-thousand the company received nationwide that year. The state highway department says that from 2000 through 2004, 41 people died in deer-vehicle crashes in the state.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:33 AM

Default RE: i read this and thought id pass it along

I read this article too. Remember though that this only takes into account states where State Farm does business. I would have thought Jersey would have been in the top ten, but then remembered they pulled their auto insurance business from there years ago.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:55 AM

Wow, I live in Pa and that seems like a lot. Never read the article though. Where did you find it?
Old 11-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Duckmastor2

I read this article too. Remember though that this only takes into account states where State Farm does business. I would have thought Jersey would have been in the top ten, but then remembered they pulled their auto insurance business from there years ago.
Also remember this is based on total accidents, not accidents per square mile. This unfairly rates Pa, due toits large size relative to other states.