Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Daylight savings time >

Daylight savings time

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Daylight savings time

Old 10-19-2005, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Daylight savings time

I think its 2 weeks on each end of DST to add a month to it.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

The link from the PGC hunting digest (in red box)explains the time difference when it goes into effect.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/digestpdfs/2005/shooting_hours.pdf
Old 10-21-2005, 05:10 AM

At 2 a.m. on October 30, groggy Americans will turn their clocks back one hour, marking the end of Daylight Savings Time (DST)
The federal law that established "daylight time" in this country does not require any area to observe daylight saving time. But if a state chooses to observe DST, it must follow the starting and ending dates set by the law. From 1986 to 2006 this has been the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October, but starting in 2007, it will be observed from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, adding about a month to daylight saving time.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:14 PM

man i hope thay do it soon because on thursday night i bowl and right now i am getting home @ 7pm and i need to get home @ 6 pm to leve for bowling because i work noights also and i only hunt the night durning the week
Old 10-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BarnesX.308

I think they're just extending it in 2007. I believe you will set your clocks back about a month later. It would have been great this year. We have to turn them back on the first full day of our vacation. You want longer days when you're on vacation - not shorter
Barnes,

The amount of daylight doesn't change, other than the natural progression of winter. You'll just have to get up earlier to enjoy it [&:]