Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 look for place's to hunt in dc baltimore area >

look for place's to hunt in dc baltimore area

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

look for place's to hunt in dc baltimore area

Old 09-27-2005, 12:05 PM

Default look for place's to hunt in dc baltimore area

i am in the army stationed at ft meade and i am looking for some places to hunt in the area .thankns
Old 09-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: look for place's to hunt in dc baltimore area

How about the North Tract there at the Patuxent Wildlife where 198 intersects 32 (down Bald Eagle Drive) right in your back yard? 8,600 acres to hunt for $40, and it's in itsthird year of 6 points orbetter AR's. I've hunted there for over 10 years with good success before AR's, and can only imagine how good the chances are now for a decent buck. Between two small kids and a cabin in WV taking lots of my time, I doubt if I will get to hunt there myself this year, but I plan to go back within the next two years...
Old 09-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Doug, I want to go with you when you do, I want to see what that place is like.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:31 PM

DougMD, what do you mean by 6 pionts or better AR'S? THANKS
Old 09-29-2005, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rick,

OK, I will let you know when I do. You are welcome to spend the night before a hunt here at my house if you want.

AR's are antler restrictions. You cannot shoot any bucks unless they have 6 or more points. Therefore, there should be a good amount of older bucks running around there now. At least I think they still have the AR policy going on. I will check tomorrow and post again on this thread to confirm.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I called, and here is the deal. You can only get one buck TOTAL for all three weapons (bow, shotgun and muzzleloader), and it must have 6 or more points. You can shoot does,butyoui might only be allowed onedeer per weapon, for a total of 3 deer altogether.

There should be some nice bucks running around, and with the buck to doe ratio increasing, calls should work pretty good too.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Spike

Is it $40 for the season? How far would u say its from Baltimore? I am in Harford County....
Old 10-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes. You have to have your Maryland license, PLUS $40 to hunt the 8,600 acres for all weapons. If you are near Baltimore, take the Baltimore Washington Parkway toward Baltimore. Exit at Route 198, and go right on Bald Eagle drive just before you hit route 32. Go 1/4 mile total (through the gate) and the station is on the right. Also, you have to qualify with your weapons. If you don't qualify on the first try, get back in line until you do (easy). You have to check in at the station, get a pass, then drive to your area. All deer must be checked in too, so you can see what deer are coming from what areas (weight, sex, if a buck how many points, etc.). Bow qualifications (broadheads only, 3 out of 5 in kill zone on deer targets from 15 to 23 or so yards) are held daily except on Sundays, I believe. The next gun qualification (shotgun, 3 out of 5 in paper plate at 40 yards and muzzleloader, 2 out of 3 at 40 yards) is October 16.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:22 AM

Sweet i gotta check this place out.Thanks