Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rifles in bad hands >

Rifles in bad hands

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rifles in bad hands

Old 09-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rifles in bad hands

F.Y.I. GUS - Igoogled some search terms, and found the above-referenced article on an anti-hunting website called the "Hunting Accident Report Center" ontheCommitte To Abolish Sport Hunting's website.Iwill research each article before postingto verify its authenticity. Most of my articles will come from that site, so I don't have to botherlooking for another one each day - they're all neatly listed and linked accordingly.
That about say's it all. A hunter going to an anti hunting website to prove his point.

Somebody should lock this thread.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

You dont have statstical eveidence that would stand up to scrutiny
I minored in statistics - IMO, there is no statistical evidence thatstands up to scrutiny. For that matter, if you guys want to bicker with me, I'd rather not sit here and drone on about percentages, numbers, variants, standard deviations and bias. I've seen a million good conversations go down the tubes with statistical data over on the politics board, it gets boring and redundant, if you want to do that,fine, but I will not respond. I twist and turn numbersfor a living, and this board is my break from work.

People do studies and put together numbers to say what they want them to say. I've done it. I know. It's not hard, it's not a new concept, it's the way this world turns, BT.

ccm - you and I support two different approaches. You support rallying to expandhunters' rights, I support not screwing up, and regulating ourselves in a sensible manner. Clearly, and again as noted above, an irreconcileable difference of opinion, both of which are viable, but it obviously reflects the differences in our personalities and our politics.

Let's keep the Assault Weapons Ban out of this conversation. I don't think anyone on this board,except a few NRA activists, would support Assault Weapons in the deerwoods. Assault weapons and hunting are wholly unrelated, and let's not commingle the two. This thread is limited to "Rifles in bad hands," and last I checked, we were attempting define what "bad hands" really are.You candiscuss Assault weapons all you like in the Political forum, or over at the NRA board.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quicksilver.............I agree that there are accidents in the woods....I think we all agree on that point. You articles continue to only support that fact which is well known and agreed upon.

You still keep avoiding my suggestion so I'll spell it out for you..again

Your stance is to remove rifle's and semi automatice weapons from the hunting woods in an effort to reduce these injuries and/or death.

MY QUESTION #1: Why not take the time and effort to educate those at risk rather than regulate and restrict us all?

My Question #2: If you do not feel safe in the woods during gun season, why don't you just not go then?

My QUESTION#3: Why don't you hunt in areas that only allow primative weapons?

MyQUESTION #4: If it is you that has the issue with guns and hunting why do you feel it's necessary to eliminate it for everyone else?

Again, I choose not to go to places that make me feel uncomfortable........I do not try to change the landscape of those places to fit my agendas.

Example: I do not like to eat in a resturaunt when smoking is allowed. I choose to go somewhere else to eat. I know smoking and second hand smoke are bad for my health and my childs health so that resturaunt does not get my business. Plain and simple.

If I took your approach I would lobby that all establishments be smoke free for my benifit. That seems alot like an attemt to remove the right to choose. There is a place for and times when our goverment needs to step in for the good of the nation,however we have to tred carefully on these issues to ensure our children have rights and to ensure that someone else is not making decisions for them.

I enjoy my right to choose. You should enjoy yours and choose to hunt where you feel safe.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

quik,
Correct me if I'm wrong but I understand you recently took the bar exam.
If so, I hope you learn how to gather evidence and statistical data to effectively present same to your audience in a more convincing manner than you have here. Your own cut and paste quote pretty much shoots you in the foot with a semi auto - and - fails miserably in convincing anybody in this thread that your position should prevail.

Its your position but you continue to dance around direct questions,failing to present much of anything by stating you are this,studied that and this is your break from work - Toot - Toot - Woo - Woo here I am.[:-]

You need to get off your high horse. I personaly don't buy any of it.

If you ever practice law and specialize in tort or criminal law you better be more convincing in your presentation and closing arguments.

Division of Wildlife, said despite a large number of children and adults hunting, the sport results in very few accidents.
"Hunting is a safe sport," Ortman said. "We don't have many incidents."
During all of 2003, there were 32 hunting accidents in Ohio; none were caused by children. Of the 32 accidents, two resulted in deaths.
According to recent studies by the National Safety Council, hunting is one of the safest outdoors activities, resulting in fewer injuries per 100,000 participants - fewer than fishing and even bowling.
According to the report, hunting results in an average of about seven injuries per 100,000.
Wilson, an NRA-certified rifle instructor, agreed hunting can be a safe sport. He has taken his son along hunting since he was 5, but never allowed him to carry a firearm until he was almost 10.

Old 10-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey quicksilver................It'sd been 4 days. I am still waiting on your answers.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

HuntinGus

I am with you 100%. I think if you do not like where you live dont try to change it MOVE. It is very very bad to see people move in to a place thantry to change it to the WAY IT WAS WHERE THEY LIVED BEFOR.I moved to MT. so I could do more huntng and fishing. It is unbelevabal how many peope from CA. are moving here. The 1st thing they try to do is change MTs.way of life.If it was so dang good living in CA.Why the HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL do they move.

Here in HELENA MT. there is no building that you can smoke in at all.I do not smoke nore dose any in my family.BUT they should have the right to smoke and eat if they would like to.It dang shure will not stop there.Next they will make new laws that could stop any one of use from doing things we love to do.

They can have my rifles any time they would like to come to my home and try to get them.I am not nongoverment.But there is no way people like quicksilver will ever get them.Unless it is 1 bulet at a time :}

People like that make it worse than it should be.Makes me want to go buy as many bulets for my min14 and all the rest of my rifles.

Charles Bradford
Old 10-04-2005, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Lets not forget we have the right own and use all rifle types - you cannot ban some not others because the issue then becomes who has the right to decide. If we craft the laws of usage correctly and sensibly then this is not an issue.

The main reason for the post was discuss how to handle rouge hunters/gun owners to maintain a safe experience in the woods.

Never blame the gun. This is like kicking a flat tire - does not even feel good when your foot begins to hurt.

I enjoy several full automatic weapons - but I hunt with my Model 70 300 WIN MAG and nevr drop more than 2 in.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:50 PM

AHHHELKINMTCWB!!!!

THE DEVIL!!!!

You have 666 posts. Today the devil played a role in my life. You posted that 666 post 2 hours before I lost my pet.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Elkinmtwb what?

Are you the bad hands?

Quick Reply: Rifles in bad hands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.