Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 n.j. bear hunt- meeting today? >

n.j. bear hunt- meeting today?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

n.j. bear hunt- meeting today?

Old 09-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default n.j. bear hunt- meeting today?

on the news they said there was another meeting. i thought this was a done deal.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:29 AM

Default RE: n.j. bear hunt- meeting today?

The way it looks, it might be a lost cause. What would a jerkovski like John Corzine care about science. It just gets in the way of his already cast in concrete opinion that us hunters are the scourge of the earth. Get ready for more bear problems, NJ. I got this from a recent issue email from SCI:

Politics Again Threaten New Jersey's Bear Hunt[/align] SCI Members from New Jersey and SCI’s Litigation Counsel from Washington D.C., Anna Seidman, were in attendance last night at Rutgers University to support the New Jersey Comprehensive Black Bear Management Policy. Per the authority of the New Jersey State Supreme Court, this policy must be drafted by the states' Fish and Game Council and then approved by the state's Commissioner of the Department of Environmental Protection before a bear hunting seasoncan be established for this fall and winter in the Garden State. [/align] [/align] After the 2004 black bear season was stopped by Commissioner Bradley Campbell, the state has been experiencing bear management problems due to increasing numbers of nuisance bear incidents. Nonetheless, the hearing on measures to manage the state's growing bear populationwas heated andcontentious with the anti-bear hunting contingentusing the meeting to vent their distaste for hunting in general and to jeer and insult hunt supporters. Complicating mattersis a recent statement by New Jersey gubernatorial front runner, Jon Corzine, about how hedoes not support having a bear hunt in New Jersey. It appears that we are facing yet another battle in which politics will interfere with the science of proper bear management.SCI will keep you posted as this issue progresses.
[/align]

Old 09-23-2005, 11:30 AM

It looks like maybe the antis will win again. I got this from a recent email from SCI:
Politics Again Threaten New Jersey's Bear Hunt[/align] SCI Members from New Jersey and SCI’s Litigation Counsel from Washington D.C., Anna Seidman, were in attendance last night at Rutgers University to support the New Jersey Comprehensive Black Bear Management Policy. Per the authority of the New Jersey State Supreme Court, this policy must be drafted by the states' Fish and Game Council and then approved by the state's Commissioner of the Department of Environmental Protection before a bear hunting seasoncan be established for this fall and winter in the Garden State. [/align] [/align] After the 2004 black bear season was stopped by Commissioner Bradley Campbell, the state has been experiencing bear management problems due to increasing numbers of nuisance bear incidents. Nonetheless, the hearing on measures to manage the state's growing bear populationwas heated andcontentious with the anti-bear hunting contingentusing the meeting to vent their distaste for hunting in general and to jeer and insult hunt supporters. Complicating mattersis a recent statement by New Jersey gubernatorial front runner, Jon Corzine, about how hedoes not support having a bear hunt in New Jersey. It appears that we are facing yet another battle in which politics will interfere with the science of proper bear management.SCI will keep you posted as this issue progresses.
[/align]
Old 09-27-2005, 12:17 PM

there just waiting for someone to die by a bear attack to say how bad they are
Old 09-27-2005, 12:58 PM
jbc

Done deal? LOL! Expect anything to happen in NJ.

Before a hunt can proceed Campbell has to sign off on the "comprehensive bear policy". Not likely to happen until after the November elections, if at all if Corzine wins. VOTE FORRESTER!!!

Go to this link andtell them that you support the comprehensive black bear policy: http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/bearpolicy_comment.htm

Public comment ends October 6th.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:29 PM

Thanks for the link! I got my comments in for what it's worth. Got my fingers crossed - Corzine is panicking, he had to bring in Clinton for some rah rah since polls are looking less rosy.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:42 PM

I hope that a 500 pound bear bangs Corzine if his little f*gg*t *ss. I live in NJ and this disgusts me!
Old 10-06-2005, 02:26 PM
jbc

Last day for comments!!! Please go to the link (even if you are not from NJ) and say you support the policy. If you already did, fill it out for a friend or family members!!

http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/bearpolicy_comment.htm