Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 New York State Non Resident License Q's >

New York State Non Resident License Q's

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New York State Non Resident License Q's

Old 09-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
Rick James's Avatar
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 4,679
Default New York State Non Resident License Q's

So this year I will be hunting a friends property near Oneonta. Even though I am living in NY now and have for a year, I have not changed my drivers license over yet from Vermont. I assume this means that I need to purchase a non resident license? If not, what do I need to show to prove my residency here in NY? Does a phone bill or lease copy legally work for this?

I plan to hunt deer only, during archery, rifle, and muzzleloader seasons. If I have to go the non resident route, do I have to purchase the Non Resident Big Game, Non Resident Bowhunting, and Non Resident Muzzleloading licenses? Do I have to purchase the Non Resident Super Sportsmen License as well? What do I need?

If I decide to only hunt archery, do I only need the non resident bowhunting license or that combined with the Non Resident big game?

Any help is appreciated.
Rick James is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: W Suffield Ct
Posts: 204
Default RE: New York State Non Resident License Q's


Scroll down to non-resident info to see what license gets you what tag(s)
RayC is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Delhi, NY (by way of Chenango Forks)
Posts: 1,706
Default RE: New York State Non Resident License Q's

contact the local clerks office that issues licenses. tell them your situation and they should be able to tell you if you are eligible for resident tags and what you need to get them
doughboysigep is offline  
Old 09-19-2005, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Caledonia, NY
Posts: 773
Default RE: New York State Non Resident License Q's

By law, you are supposed to have claimed residency by now. Unless you are active military, or gov't of course.

I'd be quick to switch over if it is something that you can do. I got into an auto accident roughly 7 months after moving back from down south. I did not switch over anything at that time, and not only did I get a ticket when the police officer arrived (for the VA driver's lis, plate and registration..not the accident....was not my fault), but the insurance did not want to pay because I was technically driving an improperly registered and insured vehicle. It took me contacting a lawyer for them to write a check to fix the damage.

However, if you must remain an out-of-stater, I'd be applying for an out-of-state license.
Phade is offline  
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
11-14-2007 07:06 AM
09-07-2007 11:47 AM
08-28-2005 03:00 AM
Freshwater Fishing
06-15-2004 07:34 AM
03-04-2002 12:24 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Quick Reply: New York State Non Resident License Q's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.