Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA hunters, what do you think of the point restriction now? >

PA hunters, what do you think of the point restriction now?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA hunters, what do you think of the point restriction now?

Old 09-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PA hunters, what do you think of the point restriction now?

this is how i see it also. germain you and i were doing the same thing w/ the AR on our own before. i still take it a step more though i let those med. size 8's go. im looking for the big daddy.. though since ive never got one w/ a bow, it will be hard to pass up a nice 8

ORIGINAL: germain

I was doing my own AR by choice before this got started.I think it's working in some areas but on most public land the deer numbers are so low it's really hard to tell.
We were killing some great bucks before AR so I honestly can't say in our area.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Love it. They should have started this 10 years ago.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

AR has been a success but the HR has gone too far in some areas.

Lost Horn,
Sorry, I can't say too much on the subject or I will be where uncle uly, ddear and others are.
They're gone due to their behavior not their views. Those of us who've been here a long time all know where you stand on this issue but you've managed to state your point without crossing that line that those two (and all their alias's) crossed many times. I for one respect your views even if we don't agree often and I'd guess that most here do as well.
Thanks BTBhunter, I guess what got me upset in the first place were the big WMU they put in place I know we have too many deer in some places but when they added Cameron Co. which had low deer numbers anyway into 2G this is where I do most of my hunting, yes I got upset. IMO one size fits all units don't work.
Hey one of my best ol hunting buddies is from Apollo!
Have a gooden.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think most everyone on all sides of the AR/HR issue agrees thateveryone would like to see smaller WMU's
Old 09-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

personally I like the ARs. I have been seeing a lot more bucks and the bucks that I'm seeing are at least 8s. I agree with everyone else though that I don't like the doe being killed off like they are and smaller wmu's would be nice.

A friend of mine brought up a good point the other day that made me think. He said, if you want to have them lower the amount of doe tags being sold just tell everyone you know to send in their report card saying they harvested a doe even if they didn't get one. Now granted, I'm not going to ever do this but it did strike me as one of those things that seem so simple to come up with yet you don't think about it.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:09 PM

I've hunted allover NWPA my entire life and I think the AR's are the best thing since sliced bread. Overall size and rack growth has dramatically increased in my neck of the woods, but I'm still waiting for Sunday hunting.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer to hunt during the week. I have tracked bucks all over the countyside for a whole day during a snowy day in rifle season and never crossed paths with another hunter. Man those kind of days are sweet. If Sunday hunting comes to be, there will never be another hunter out during the week except me, and that's just fine by me.

AR's are yummy, BTW!
Old 09-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like the rules
all big uns in my area
Old 09-19-2005, 06:17 AM
Spike

Didnt care for them when they were implemeneted and still see no need for them. They havent done what was said they would do in my area. The bucks I have seen have been like the ones in the past. Nothing spectacular. Not seeing more like bucks as a matter of fact seeing less than in years before.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Loved it then, love it now. I hope it never goes away......

Quick Reply: PA hunters, what do you think of the point restriction now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.