Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

[Deleted]

Old 08-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-24-2005, 05:17 PM

Default RE: Blaze Orange In NY

cma -

You and I are gonna have some real issues if you keep comparing me to anti-gun advocates.

NY safety record is good in spite of knuckleheads who refuse to wear orange. Think of how good it be if they did.

Your posts show that you don't have a very good grasp of other NY safety facts, in addition to the value of BO. Your continuous comments about training youths .... did you know that men age 40 and higher are responsible for the majority of "mistaken for game" accidents in NY? So much for the "teach em early" theory. Its chuckleheads who have some experience in the field and think they know it all who are shooting each other.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still no good reasons for not wearing some (a little) blaze. The "I like to blend into my surroundings" isn't a "reason". And wearing blaze has nothing to do with anti gun or anti- hunting sentiment. that's just typical propaganda nonsense.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-24-2005, 11:15 PM

Wow this one became intense pretty quick. Should it be a law, probally not. Should we wear Blaze during gun season. Without a doubt. Every death or injury that occurs from guns is just one more point for the AntiGun nuts.
IMO Small safety issues add up to help us all.
BesidesI don't know what the big deal is about wearing it. Deer can't see it, Crazy dudes with Guns and Buck fever can.
Sounds like a win win to me.
In the end tho I do believe it should come to personal choice.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

Last time I checked deer cannot see orange, only a select few animals see it. Blaze orange is a great idea during gun season and should be mandated not be voluntary. We all have families to get home too, hunting is fun, but family is life. It should be the law. During archery season that is different. How can we argue that it should not be mandated. It's safer by far. If you don't wear Blaze Orange during gun season, you shouldn't be allowed out there period. The only way I can see someone gun hunting without orange on is that they are the only people on there land and know it. I believe then it would be an option, but only then. I know some people might say it oour right to where what we want out there, we know the risks, remember this, hunting isn't a right it's a privledge!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2005, 01:06 AM

There's always blaze camo, if you're so concerned about blending in. I hunt primarily on private land in the Adirondacks, and when I'm on a drive, my hat switches from one with an orange rim to one that is all orange. Another member of my camp wears a camo blaze vest when on a drive. It's all personal preference, just like anything else one wears in the woods.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lou-lou

Last time I checked deer cannot see orange, only a select few animals see it. Blaze orange is a great idea during gun season and should be mandated not be voluntary. We all have families to get home too, hunting is fun, but family is life. It should be the law. During archery season that is different. How can we argue that it should not be mandated. It's safer by far. If you don't wear Blaze Orange during gun season, you shouldn't be allowed out there period. The only way I can see someone gun hunting without orange on is that they are the only people on there land and know it. I believe then it would be an option, but only then. I know some people might say it oour right to where what we want out there, we know the risks, remember this, hunting isn't a right it's a privledge!!!!!!
If you want your state to tell you that you must wear orange, I respect that decision. I don't agree but I respect it.

I live in a state withno sales tax, no income tax (the only state that has neither). Adults do not have to wear seat belts, you do not have to wear a motorcycle helmet and you do not have to wear orange during any hunting season.
Does my state encourage every one to wear seatbelts, helmets and wear orange in the woods, of course it does. BUT, we have our right not to. That's the big difference.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.