Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Bowhunt?

Old 08-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: MD Bowhunt?

Ringneck,

Just as Bearklr said, last year we set up one date (Nov.5) in advance for the hunt. Once we get everyone commited to going, we can take a vote on the date for the hunt.Picking one date in particular helps getting everyone on the same page. That being said, the group of guys last year got along pretty well, and guys got together on other dates to hunt. We also all got tegether just prior to the Sept. 15 opener to do some brief scouting together, and pick tree stand locations out of November. All in all, it was a good opportunity to meet some fellow hunters and spend some quality time in the woods. Monocasy (if we should pick Monocasy again) has a good deer population, and plenty of room to spreadout. I know I enjoyed getting together with and meeting some of the guys from the board last year. Everyone I met was extremely nice and everyone seemed to get along well.

Hope this helps.

Slice
Old 08-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Typical Buck

Ok, so far we have 4 definates and 2 or 3 maybes. Of course, more people can jump on as we go along, but at this point, do we want to decide on a date for the hunt? I suggest Nov. 4th (Friday). This should be the very beginning of the rut, and would leave out of state/out of town hunters the option of sticking around for Saturday as well. If memory serves me correctly, I believe that Sunday the 6th isopen for hunting on private land in certain counties (washington being oneof them). If this is still the case andsome of the out of staters want to stick around for Sunday as well, I maybe able to hook up a guy or two with some private land in WashingtonCounty forthe Sunday hunt. Does this work for everyone? Any other suggestions?

Slice
Old 08-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am interested.... I didnt hunt Maryland in 2 years. The land you guys hunt does it hold a good amount of deer?
Old 08-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

Bullmoose,

The public land the hunt will be on has a good amount of deer, and on occassion, big bucks are dragged out of there. It's a mix of agricultural fields (soybeans and corn) and woods. I got turned onto Monocasy last year during last years huntingnet MD hunt. There is even one section entirely devoted to bowhunting only. I was real impressed. We;d be glad to have you, Bullmoose. Someone may be able to post an aerial map of the place. I think you'll be impressed with the place as well.

Slice
Old 08-30-2005, 05:48 AM

Give me a shout when your ready .anybody from somerset co. or near go down there
Old 08-30-2005, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

We'd be glad to have you, Ringneck. I'm not aware of anyone coming from as far west as Somerset county so far, but I'll keep my ears open. If you come down 70, I could possibly meet up with you outside of Hagerstown (45 minutes away from Monocasy)on 70 and show you the way in.

Slice
Old 08-31-2005, 05:42 AM

Thanke slice maybe work somethig out .Get this old man down there