Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Local  sells 200 permits >

Local sells 200 permits

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Local sells 200 permits

Old 08-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Local sells 200 permits

Yes crossbow in the 5c portion and the 5b side with a handicap permit.This is in southern berks and portions of Chester. But all sold out . I live right next to it.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:14 PM

Is that downingtown area or malvern,Im thur there all the time Im a wholesale buyer and go to lancaster up rt30 all the time I will never hunt that area To many people , I grew up In holtwood southern lanc co. That was thirty years ago It was bad then , Then I started to go to state college area that was over crowded too, There are some honey holes still left in holtwood but you have to go thoughsome pipes under the road to get to them I know your not able too.my last hunt down there was in 1981, conestoga not bad either I know a docter who owns 50 acers and big deer are in the field every night, thats the present time . by
Old 08-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

hey sybigbuck welcome to the board, i also hunt near state college. do you still hunt there?? and your right, thereare a ton of hunters..

ORIGINAL: sybigbuck

Is that downingtown area or malvern,Im thur there all the time Im a wholesale buyer and go to lancaster up rt30 all the time I will never hunt that area To many people , I grew up In holtwood southern lanc co. That was thirty years ago It was bad then , Then I started to go to state college area that was over crowded too, There are some honey holes still left in holtwood but you have to go thoughsome pipes under the road to get to them I know your not able too.my last hunt down there was in 1981, conestoga not bad either I know a docter who owns 50 acers and big deer are in the field every night, thats the present time . by
Old 08-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

TELL me the Pa southeastern hunter aint desperate for property to hunt on.!!!!!!!!
Considering the section of Berks we are talking about I tend to believe you. Land open to hunting is becoming few and far between with all the developments going on. This seems to happen to you every year Bob. Sad, really sad.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is a on going problem .the philly borders seem to be getting closer.The morgantown area and east down the route 23 corridor.Gamelands 43 is in the area.but it is so shot out. Last yearon the first day of gun season I sat on a piece of private property next tothe gamelands for 12 hours.Did not see one deer ,but had at least 50 people walk by me. Right past the trespassing signs
Old 08-13-2005, 04:45 PM

200 hunters an 600 acres that nuts. thats one hunter on every three acres. that means one hunter about every 4 to five hundred feet. someone would be killed if they used guns. that's just plain nuts. that would be like turning 200 hunters loose within a square mile. does leave much room left for the deer.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:29 PM

I was hunting up stae once and me and my friend went into the woods ,we took about a 30 yard walk and there was a 8point buck between us I look up and there was another hunter just above my friend , I was about to raise my gun when this guy shoots right between us Boy were we lucky he didnt miss he was only another 30yards above us and dirrectrly in the line of fire that was the last time I hunted up there. So you guys with all those permits better be carefull
Old 08-14-2005, 11:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

200 hunters? There's gotta be some sort of time slot assignment, gotta be. Or you have 200 guys who are very foolish with their $$$.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:43 AM

Sounds like 200 peoplethinking they have a hot spot. Too bad it'sthe same hot spot. Even if only thirty hunters show up. You couldn't pay me enough money to sit in a ground blind all camo'd up. It would be tree stand or nothing and I would be wearing hunter orange to that tree and staying way after dark in that tree and would walk out ofthewoods with one bright flashlight !
There nothing wrong with hunting a spot, where there is lot's of hunting pressure as long as you safety isn't compromised. It can be a added plus to letall the extra hunter push deer to you, but not 200 camo'd bow hunters.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

What constitutes a permit? Are they just paying to gain permission to hunt the ground or is there more to it?

Quick Reply: Local sells 200 permits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.